Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue colors

lines by pu.deviantart.com

actually looking forward to even more critique this time.

Beautiful Rogue

This a very lovely picture of Rogue. Some crits I have are:

Her left hand looks a little larger than the right and the jacket seems to lack definite form. I think if you added some black outlines or pools of black to the jacket this may help. This is only form my eye's perspective.

Comment

I like the picture overally. The pose is kinda sexy.. My crit is that her left hand seems a bit off. Like not exact enough, kinda too roughly shaped.

Comment

InkatHeart isn't the penciller here, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by F!NCH View Post
          InkatHeart isn't the penciller here, guys.
          thank you. thank you SO MUCH FOR READING! ooooh. i like u. u actually READ THE DAMN COMMENTS on a picture.

Comment

i think u used the dodge too much, it looks really fadedish, this pix that pu did is good, although u need to tell him to fix that hand. I'm assuming you where trying to go for a water color feel, nice effort, although i think it feel kinda short of that idea. And this pix does scream for that kinda of coloring. Or at least close to it. try to mix in more colors, as the colors look really flat. i hope this helps.

Alex~
            http://dvega.deviantart.com/
            http://tekkadragon.tripod.com/manabirdstudio/

Comment

The coloring looks flat, muddy, and a little sloppy. The green from her uniform seems to be bleeding into her hand. Is this water color or a water color effect? Try using less black or grayish colors to shade. Instead use a desaturated color of the base color and then use highlights accordingly. Here is a tut to help you along.
              http://www.steeldolphin-forums.com/h...olorpart2.html
              Salamé!

My Deviant Art Gallery

PJ Sketch Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jaketerlecki View Post
                The coloring looks flat, muddy, and a little sloppy. The green from her uniform seems to be bleeding into her hand. Is this water color or a water color effect? Try using less black or grayish colors to shade. Instead use a desaturated color of the base color and then use highlights accordingly. Here is a tut to help you along.
                http://www.steeldolphin-forums.com/h...olorpart2.html
                wow, um.. thanks always nice to get some helpful critique. I saw that tutorial earlier, and i don't know but i guess since i'm still a budding colorist I just didn't want it to look...digital. I just used colors that flowed in my mind with the piece. i liked the end result cuz it doesn't look rendered so much as...painted(?) I try and put some more unique touches in my work, but yeah that one was pretty early on and i don't wanna change it now since i need something to keep track of my evolution...(?) hehe, anyway thanks.

Comment

Overall the colouring looks pretty good, I don't really think it looks "sloppy" at all, rather I think it's just the style of the colouring. I like that it has that "dreamy" look about it and if you were really trying to not make it look too digital I think you succeeded. Honestly I think the problems are with the penciled image rather than the colours. Keep up the good work !
                  my deviantart page

Comment

InkatHeart

I'm not commenting on anymore of your art.

Comment

Great work, that is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by daredevil30269 View Post
                        Great work, that is really good.
                        well thank u very much.

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalPencil View Post
                          Overall the colouring looks pretty good, I don't really think it looks "sloppy" at all, rather I think it's just the style of the colouring. I like that it has that "dreamy" look about it and if you were really trying to not make it look too digital I think you succeeded. Honestly I think the problems are with the penciled image rather than the colours. Keep up the good work !
                          thaaaanks. so sweeet.

Comment

Originally posted by J^2_ View Post
                            I'm not commenting on anymore of your art.
                            which is sad. but if i see some of urs i'll be sure to comment on it anyway. ur comments aren't unappreciated just not on the right topic.

Comment

not to put tropicalpencil down or anything, but the point of showing is this colored piece for C&C is to have us point out your error so that u can improve upon yourself. I say this, not to be mean or something. It's not always good to have someone tell u to ignore someone else's opinion. And i'll being honest to you. You need ALOT of work like i do at coloring. There are other ways to get that dreamy color look. this current way isn't it. You need to apply textures, use the effects, make use of all the tools given to you. Never settle for one thing, experiment learn and adapt what you discover.

Alex~
                              http://dvega.deviantart.com/
                              http://tekkadragon.tripod.com/manabirdstudio/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X