Shayera of Thanagar (NSFW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shayera of Thanagar (NSFW)

please some more flesh!!! less bony skins!!

Comment

I feel like I'd need a backstory to explain some of these artistic choices.
      My Deviant Art page
      My PUMMEL stats
      PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
      2 Time Heavyweight Champion
      Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Comment

humble: I hear ya. It's probably a bad habit, but I use muscles and bones as my landmarks when plotting out the figure. That's probably at least part of what you see. I'm hoping that as I become more confident in my figure-drawing, I'll depend less on that. It's one of my hopes that attending a figure-drawing class this next semester will fix some of these things.

Comment

Jugg: I'm not really aware of any backstory (I labeled it as "Shayera" just because it was more appropriate for this forum. It was actually intended as an Angel). Beyond that, perhaps elucidate WHAT choices you mean, and maybe I can speak to it.

Here's the original sketch, if it helps any:

As you can see, I left off her robe in the rendering, partly because I'm so weak at cloth, and mostly 'cause I'm more interested in drawing figures than anything else.

A couple of people at Facebook pointed out that the pubis protrudes too much, and that is just a flaw in my knowledge and skill-level at the figure, and not a specific choice.

Comment

1. draw a gesture for the pose.
            2. place the large masses, make sure the proportions are correct.
            3. detail (muscle definition etc.)

You can make a decent representation of a person with just 1 and 2. If the first two steps are wrong, all the detailing in the world wont save it. But that's what you do every time, skip the first two steps and go straight to the third.
            Last edited by battlewraith; 06-13-2017, 04:53 PM. Reason: image
            sketchbook thread

Comment

Life drawing!
              OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
              My Blog
              My DeviantART Page
              PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Originally posted by battlewraith View Post

1. draw a gesture for the pose.
                2. place the large masses, make sure the proportions are correct.
                3. detail (muscle definition etc.)

You can make a decent representation of a person with just 1 and 2. If the first two steps are wrong, all the detailing in the world wont save it. But that's what you do every time, skip the first two steps and go straight to the third.
                I laughed hard at your drawover.. was eating a popsicle and it almost came out my nose..
                I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
                my sketchbook

Comment

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Last edited by yomark; 06-14-2017, 04:19 AM. Reason: regret

Comment

Originally posted by yomark View Post
                    Jugg: I'm not really aware of any backstory (I labeled it as "Shayera" just because it was more appropriate for this forum. It was actually intended as an Angel). Beyond that, perhaps elucidate WHAT choices you mean, and maybe I can speak to it.

Here's the original sketch, if it helps any:

As you can see, I left off her robe in the rendering, partly because I'm so weak at cloth, and mostly 'cause I'm more interested in drawing figures than anything else.

A couple of people at Facebook pointed out that the pubis protrudes too much, and that is just a flaw in my knowledge and skill-level at the figure, and not a specific choice.
                    The character is super lean... especially around the hips and legs. This is odd for women, and so I wondered if there was a specific reason for it. Likewise with the size of her head. The painting/rendering as well was sort of... unclear. At many points it looked like the details had not been defined at all... for instance, her digits. They look almost like webbing.

BW has drawn a solid bit of advice. I'd take a look at what he did, and why.
                    My Deviant Art page
                    My PUMMEL stats

Comment

This woman is "competition lean" (a state she wouldn't stay in for very long), yet in some spots, yours is actually leaner.

Women almost always lose weight/fat last in the legs and hips.
                      My Deviant Art page
                      My PUMMEL stats

Comment

Originally posted by yomark View Post
                        It's probably a bad habit, but I use muscles and bones as my landmarks when plotting out the figure.
                        No, you do not. Your problems START with your refusal to accept the existence of bone, muscle, proportion, construction, anatomy, etc, etc, etc...

There is no skull under your face. You used a malformed lump of clay that was left too close to the fire. Had there been bones underneath, the features would line up.

Your "arms" end in cow's udders... or potatoes sprouting roots. If you'd started with bones and muscle you'd have hands. The left upper "arm" rotates inward. This means, if there were bones and muscles, the thumb would point in and the palm would point back; the exact opposite of what you've drawn.

You told us you understand the concepts of measurement and proportion yet you refuse to acknowledge the existence of either.

For the upteenth time: There is no thigh gap in a 3/4 shot! Figures have spines and backsides whether we see them or not. Failure to acknowledge that which can't be seen is a huge and constant problem in your work.

Start with the spine you cannot see. Add the pelvis that you cannot see. Use muscle to shape the butt you cannot see. Connect the rear leg to the butt where you cannot see. Thats four "invisible" elements that must be drawn correctly before you can draw the visible leg correctly; Elements that you constantly refuse to acknowledge. Now add the front leg and look what happens, the thighs overlap. NO thigh gap!

Starting with bone and muscle is not a "bad habit," it's required. Do not blame bad drawing on good habits you don't employ.
                        PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Unfortunately, I've now figured it out. I always wondered what ya had in your head as a reference - odd proportions, super lean girls, no muscle, skeletal face, oversized head. I had thought maybe it was some fantasy arctype, but no...

It's anorexia.

This is not something one should really be referencing as any type of norm, man.
                          My Deviant Art page
                          My PUMMEL stats

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X