No announcement yet.

Blip Martindale Inks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I read 'PMS' I immediately thought of women issues...

Sorry Smitty.
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Time was, all I had to deal with were jokes about the Pantone Matching System...
      PaulMartinSmith

Comment

One more, this time a page by Steve Rude:

Comment

Jack Kirby:

Comment

Alex Toth:

Comment

Another Toth page, another Rude page:

Comment

So, there’s been no apparent change in your submissions after Smitty’s great advice. Why not? I suggest either inking old John Buscema layouts (where all the work hasn’t been done for you, and no lighting has been established) or try converting photos to ink. Rude, for instance has used some photo reference, but he’s already made all the decisions about how to interpret it. Take that work back onto yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  So, there’s been no apparent change in your submissions after Smitty’s great advice. Why not?
                  You mean his faux-Toth "tough guy" admonition to "be more of a man" than the pencillers I work over? Haha, okay. If I may be immodest, I'm having a hard time dipping my dick in the ink bottle. Do other artists have that problem?

I suggest either inking old John Buscema layouts (where all the work hasn’t been done for you, and no lighting has been established)
                  I had half a dozen Buscema samples in my portfolio at on time, all from How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way. Very fun to ink. Submitted them around and approached editors/artists at cons -- No response at all from editors (by mail or at cons). I had lots of loose pencillers in my samples: Infantino, Cowan, so on. No one seemed to care one way or the other.

The only response I've ever gotten from editors or artists (including Rude) is "more fidelity to pencils." When I hear that 50 times, you'll forgive me if I lean in that direction. My goal is to get work, not express myself.

try converting photos to ink. Rude, for instance has used some photo reference, but he’s already made all the decisions about how to interpret it. Take that work back onto yourself.
                  No idea what you mean here. I have no interest in photo-reffed work, nor in simulating photos. My samples run the gamut from tight and clean and idealized (Rude) to cartoony -- but there's no Paul Gulacy or the like in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blip Martindale View Post
                    You mean his faux-Toth "tough guy" admonition to "be more of a man" than the pencillers I work over? Haha, okay. If I may be immodest, I'm having a hard time dipping my dick in the ink bottle. Do other artists have that problem?
                    Please keep crude language to a minimum, please.
                    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
                    My Blog
                    My DeviantART Page
                    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X