Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2

My first post with an image I've recently completed. This is easily the movie I'm looking forward to the most this year.
    Sorry about posting a photo, but this piece is pretty big (about 13.5 x 19.5 inches). There are some bits I like more in it and some I like less. I'd love to hear your take.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with how you are getting your images online, but your faces seem kind of distorted. Are you using a camera by any chance? A scanner is worth its weight in gold.

Kurt Russel (Star Dad? Sorry, my Guardians lore is pretty weak) anyway, his eyes look really wide, which is throwing of the proportions of his whole head. Which sucks because your only off by a teeny tiny bit, in some cases just a few millimetres. Your drawing and rendering skills look pretty solid, but its the physical proportions of your characters faces that are bringing it down a notch.

Just to show you what i mean.

I'm not great with a tablet, but your so close to getting the proportions right that the slight wrongness stands out even more. Almost like their faces are made of plastic and are melting off to the side.
    Disneyfied T&A
    My deviantart

Comment

Yeah, I'm with Seithe. Are you using construction lines for your underdrawing or pencils? You've got a good grasp on finishing techniques but the underlying structure needs a better foundation to be drawn upon.
      I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
      my sketchbook

Comment

Thank you for the feedback!
        I did use a camera in this instance. I have an A3 scanner, but this particular piece doesn't fit in it and the paper thickness makes it hard to scan in parts. I'll still give it a try at some point, though.
        And yes, I do use construction lines. I'd be completely useless without them.

Thanks again and I'll keep working on it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X