The Melon Lord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Melon Lord

God I loved this show. Just a little illio I worked up while procrastinating; my favorite earth bender going a little insane. Crits and comments welcome, thanks for looking,

Adam

Last edited by Adam Masterman; 09-24-2016, 11:23 PM.
    Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

That low angle works really well to convey the sense of motion in this piece! Fun stuff!
    Art Blog-Website-EDEN-
    Twitter

Comment

His forward arm looks amazing. I like how you illustrated his forearm muscles, very hard to do.

Comment

This is probably just a nit picky thing, but why are the rocks burning? Toph is an earth bender, not a fire bender... Sorry for being stupidly nit picky.

Comment

Originally posted by covie View Post
          This is probably just a nit picky thing, but why are the rocks burning? Toph is an earth bender, not a fire bender... Sorry for being stupidly nit picky.
          It's alright man; this is the internet! As it happens, I even have an answer: This is a specific scene from the show, when Toph is helping Aang train by pretending to be the Fire Lord. So she sets her rocks on fire with a torch,and then shoots them at Aang, Sokka and Kitara. If you google "melon lord" you will see that I'm not the only one who loved that episode; Toph is lovably bat-s**t insane.

Thanks for the looks, gents. Joseph, I actually use a fairly simply formula for forearms: one edge is a long shallow curve, the other is a steeper curve that quickly reverses, with the wide part nearer to the elbow (hard to explain without a picture). I think of them as the "bulgy side" and the "straight side" (even though the straight side still has some curve), and I rarely get any more specific than that. Aside from a faint little highlight, the forearm here is all contour; if the "bulge" is in the right place, it usually reads correct even when it's this simple (I find).
          Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Masterman View Post
            Thanks for the looks, gents. Joseph, I actually use a fairly simply formula for forearms: one edge is a long shallow curve, the other is a steeper curve that quickly reverses, with the wide part nearer to the elbow (hard to explain without a picture). I think of them as the "bulgy side" and the "straight side" (even though the straight side still has some curve), and I rarely get any more specific than that. Aside from a faint little highlight, the forearm here is all contour; if the "bulge" is in the right place, it usually reads correct even when it's this simple (I find).
            I just went through your deviatart gallery and I love the way you do arms and hands. I just got onto twitter for inktober and will follow you for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Dredd View Post
              I just went through your deviatart gallery and I love the way you do arms and hands. I just got onto twitter for inktober and will follow you for sure
              Thanks, man; that's very kind. However, if you like my hands, skip me and go right to the sources:

Milt Kahl:

Chris Copeland:

Glen Keane:

Those are my go-to gurus for hands (and a lot more).

I wish I could say I had something cool planned for InkTober, but I'm so busy I'll be lucky to spit out one or two...
              Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

Comment

Hands are a royal pain in the ass, love the illustration, from composition, style, to coloring.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X