Superman Final Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman Final Colors

It's got some flaws that I'm seeing only now that the colors are done. But it was a fun project and I was very glad to have such great feedback on the development stage. You all rock!

Vert nice! I'm kinda partial to the original suit with black behind the S. Everybody has to have armored stuff nowadays. Looks great though.
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

I really enjoy this piece! Bold image!
      Art Blog-Website-EDEN-
      Twitter

Comment

Thank you both!

Veritas, Your suggestion enabled this project to move forward. So I owe you for that.

My honest thought on the armor is that they did it for the New 52 reboot to give an edgy quality to the whole "Spandex Superhero Suit" idea. And it does. But having now drawn it, I'm not sure I like it. Though I have to admit I much prefer the way they did Superman's hair in the newer works. Much less uptight. Younger.

Comment

Looks like Jim Lee's design. I like the way you drew the cape. I would move his right leg a little, looks as its pressing against his left. And maybe mirror the buildings so it points the opposite way.

I'm printing it out, stealing that cape

Comment

Difficult angle to tackle, but you did a fine job with it; gives you the sense that he is actually hovering in the air above you. Kudos!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X