Kate upton (colors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate upton (colors)

What are you trying to accomplish with these color overs of photos?
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

I ask myself the same thing when I seen your Kylo Ren. You weren't hired from Disney to do that?? Looks like a half ass poster swipe. Ask yourself what did You accomplish. **** you very much.

Comment

My picture was original painted art. I have the sketches to back that up. Your's is just scribbles over a photo.
        OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
        My Blog
        My DeviantART Page

Comment

Way to overreact. Veritas' question is more than reasonable.

Edit: Having now seen it, that Kylo Ren piece is awesome.
          My comic book collection

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Spider View Post

Thanks, CS.
            OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
            My Blog
            My DeviantART Page

Comment

she does not look human in your "colored" version. were you going for blow up doll or the melted wax figure look?
              "when there's no more room in hell...the dead will walk the earth."

my drawings
              my crazy music
              my facebook

Comment

Originally posted by ward1976 View Post
                I ask myself the same thing when I seen your Kylo Ren. You weren't hired from Disney to do that?? Looks like a half ass poster swipe. Ask yourself what did You accomplish. **** you very much.
                Mongo confused. How does your stealing a photographers work, crapping on it and assassinating the character of Kate Upton compare to Veritas' original illustration?
                PaulMartinSmith

Comment

I guess there's a bigger issue here with Ward 1976. I've asked him a few times why he stopped penciling. His work needs work, many of us do, but at least he was making marks on paper and creating something. I've asked why he keeps recoloring photos. I prefer his pencil work, at least those improve over time and show some willingness to improve.

Comment

I have a real problem with making a nude picture of someone who wasn't nude originally. It's essentially ignoring their right to decide how they are seen. Even if this was an actual painting and not a shopped photo, I'd still find it troubling.

Originally posted by Crimson Spider View Post

Ditto. That's a quality piece.

Comment

When did illustrating proprieties you don't own become AWESOME and ethical. Was this the same day the PRIVILEDGED decided converting a photo to pencils, inking , then coloring it DIGITALLY a crime.

Comment

I don't get your attack on me, but hey I guess you can't explain your own art, so deflect. You should apologize to the photographer whose work you destroyed.
                        OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
                        My Blog
                        My DeviantART Page

Comment

When did illustrating proprieties you don't own become AWESOME and ethical. Was this the same day the PRIVILEDGED decided converting a photo to pencils, inking , then coloring it DIGITALLY a crime.

Creating an original illustration of a property you don't own is still illustration. It still takes talent, patience, and skill. Veritas demonstrated all 3 in his Kylo Ren image. Now, if Veritas simply copied an existing Kylo Ren illustration line for line and claimed it was his/her own character named Rylo Ken... well, that would be bad. As it stands, Veritas did an original image that never existed before he made it, inspired by an existing character. That's fine. That's a great endeavor.

A photograph is someone else's work, though. Painting over someone's photograph is defacing someone else's work. It's altering something you have no right to alter. If you'd done an original sketch based on that photograph, that would be your work, because it would be your interpretation of that person's work. So, as long as you give attribution, that's a fine thing. Drawing her in a state of undress that she didn't appear in for the original is still squicky as hell, but at least it would be your work. You didn't do that, however, you traced over the picture, and painted over the picture, claiming someone else's work as your own, and degrading the subject while you were at it... and you didn't even do it well.

Attacking Veritas for the reception of your "work" is just petulant. You shouldn't share "art" if you aren't prepared to have it savaged.

Comment

Stop feeding this troll. This is not a piece of art and he is not interested in a critique.
                            Pummel: Wins: 35|Losses: 9|Knockouts: 26|Months Champion:7

https://www.instagram.com/teratophile.art/

Comment

There is no need to be so negative dude. You are asking for critiques, accept the criticism.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X