Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a whole lotta me

And I'm back.

I'm not vain. To prove that, here are some self-portraits.
    *end sarcasm

First up is this thing.

The flat shirt and hair were 1/2 stylistic choice, 1/2 laziness. I'm definitely using that skin palette again somewhere.

And here's a thing I put up on my devart that somewhat walks you through my process for that piece. I use the same technique for most all my other pieces.
    Click.

Next piece. On devart, I used to see these IDs that all had the same format. Portrait on the right, full figure on the left, and attribute stats listed. I always thought they were cool and always wanted to do one myself (I'm a fan of bandwagons). I think the craze died down. And of course that's when I finally finish mine. Apparently the full figure is supposed to be done in pixels, which I didn't know until I finished the pencils. So I just traced over it in PS. It's supposed to look like a video game fighter I guess. I think I [S]stole[/S]-- ahem, borrowed that ground effect from someone on PJ. I forget who. Point me in the right direction. And it's hard to do a convincing herringbone with filters.

Here are the lines in case anyone is interested in what they look like. The frame around the portrait is digital because I suck with rulers.

Hope you dig.

Critiques always welcomed.

-R
    Last edited by babycakes; 11-13-2008, 09:17 PM.
    "I'm a guy, dammit!"

deviantart
    myspace

Hey babycakes, good self-portraits. I kind of like how the first one is only fully rendered on the skin, and I don't think it's stylistically challenged at all.
    And the game menu picture is almost convincing, except for the pixelation issue. I could easily expect to see it if I were choosing between fighters.

Comment

Just say your bottom portrait is from a Taito typex2 arcade game ;/

I dig them.

Comment

very nice pieces!!

Comment

That self portrait is a great piece and yes, that skin palette must be saved for reusage!
          You also caught the 8-bit feeling pretty well...though it must have been the 16 bit times already, ha. haha, good old days

Regards,
          Sven

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you liked them.
            "I'm a guy, dammit!"

deviantart
            myspace

Comment

hahaha I remember that craze! I did a couple too, thatd be cool if we could do a draw-off of ourselves as video game characters.
              DON'T CLICK
              http://nickguy0320.deviantart.com/
              http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...php?71084-Doom
              I miss when we all drew like Joe MAD and argued about the Matrix

Comment

Wow... I'm not sure I ever saw your stuff before but your work is amazing. Put me down on your fan list. Do you have any published stuff?
                Who's Yo Daddy!?!

Comment

How'd I miss this. Good stuff, man. Glad you're back for a minute, hopefully two...
                  Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Hahaha, the cartoon is awesome because after looking at your self portrait it's just too funny.
                    I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Comment

really nice stuff! and as my mother said "if you cant love yourself....how can you love anyone else"..... little did she realise just how much I love myself....5 times a day! erm!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X