Hooker's revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooker's revenge

A panel from that six page crime story I'm illustrating. should be done in a few days. I forgot her earrings.

Definitely open to comments and criticism because I'm running into a lot of problems as I do this entire project, but this page especially was difficult. Especially the gun. I just could not get it looking right.

Also I realized having people leave the car doors open is a lot easier than drawing the entire car. God bless the interior light.
    Last edited by Joseph Dredd; 06-08-2016, 09:41 PM.

I think shotguns usually have a cap of some kind over the end of the bottom tube. And I think that cap is usually shorter than the actual barrel. Did you ref the shotgun? But, after looking up some images, it does appear that some have tubes of equal length. Not most but some. I do think the end of the lower one shouldn't be open though.

The barrel looks too thick at the point where it meets the....rest. Not sure what that's called.
    My DeviantART

Comment

Is that what looks wonky on it? I thought the issue was perspective and shortening the bottom barrel seemed to make the perspective look even more off so I cheated it. The cap is just a screw up, though. In the rush to finish I turned it into another barrel. Will fix.
      Last edited by Joseph Dredd; 06-08-2016, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I think you're okay on having the bottom one the same length. I found a few images that do show that. Just going with gut reaction on it, the barrel(s) do look too thick for some reason but I've struggled with the same thing on shotguns.
        My DeviantART

Comment

Originally posted by VagabondX View Post

The barrel looks too thick at the point where it meets the....rest. Not sure what that's called.
          Yeah, this is part of what was bothering me. But all the lines go to the same point above her shoulder. I think I just screwed up the perspective on the ellipses for the gun barrel. #thingstopractise
          Last edited by Joseph Dredd; 06-08-2016, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X