The Silver Surfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Silver Surfer

Hi everyone! I've decided to really buckle down and try to make my dream of producing comic art a reality. I found Penciljack and thought it looked like a good place to start getting some feedback and getting to know the community. This is my recent first place entry in the Cincinnati Public Library's Comic-Con Comic Drawing Contest to start things off.

Very nice!
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Thanks! This was my third year entering (Honorable Mention the last two), along with my son who enters with me every year and received an HM last year in the 5-6 age group.

Comment

I REALLY like this!! Nice work...especially with colours. The Surfer takes a fair bit of forethought in terms of colour thanks to his chrome hide.

Comment

Really nice work, Northside. Surfer is one of those characters who's deceptive to draw. Seems like he'd be easy, but he has no costume, doodads or thingamabobs to hide anatomy in. You've captured a really great pose and a really nice sense of balance in this rendering. Only nits I can pick are that his head might seem the teensiest bit too compressed and his left knee looks a little swollen, but other than that, great. The foreshortening on that left hand/arm is right on! Welcome aboard!!!

Comment

Thanks for all comments! When I was penciling the Surfer out, I purposefully made his head slightly larger to make him seem a little more alien maybe? I should have drawn it properly I think. Maybe that affected the head compression? The colors in this scan are actually muted compared to how it really looks. Here is a pic from my phone that seems more accurate:

Comment

Pretty cool.

I'm always wondered why more artists didn't use actual surfing reference when depicting the character. It lends a coolness to him similar to McFarlane twisting up Spidey lent to the character.
              New and improved for 1996!
              Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

Thank you, agreed!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X