Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bedtime143
    replied
    Thanks Loston, i think i was just saying to josem the other day that its when you look at your drawing on the computer u start to really notice all the mistakes. ill have to keep in mind those tangents for next time, i think tarzan should also have been larger and bigger here as well, maybe higher on the picture.

With the crocs tale i started to make the lines thin but then with the circualar motion of the lines i messed up and i generally dont like to use white out, so i tried to get around it by adding more blacks, i c what u mean though by leading the readers eye across the page and defining the forground and backround by thickness of the lines. Ive been watching a lot of Richard Friend inking videos on youtube lately and they have been very helpfull.

thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Lee
    replied
    Originally posted by bedtime143 View Post
    Tarzan doing his thing, you just cant take this dude anywhere

I really dig it! Jane's a real cutie! I particularly like the way you inked her toes. Nice, minimalism that works very well! My only criticism for you is in regards to Tarzan's left arm. Because you've put the whole arm in shadow, I almost lose it in the drawing. At first, I thought it was just the tip of the crocodile's tail. I think you should have left part of the arm in light, then Tarzan's figure would read better, and that would still work with your lighting scheme. You have to be careful when you apply shadows. It's okay to take some artistic license too. Remember that your message has to be clear to the viewers.

Also, be careful when it comes to tangents. Jane's nail file should break past the line of her shirt or just fall short of reaching that line. You don't want it to appear to butt up against her shirt line because that tends to flatten out the area, undermining all that nice work you did to pop her arm away from her body with those nice black shadows. In the same regard, Tarzan's knife seems to either be touching up against the top of his head, or running parallel to his head's contour line. Either way, it would be far better to depict the knife higher above his head (eliminating tangents/line-ups), or for you to overlap his head with the knife.

My last comment is in regards to inking. My and large, you've done a great job of things! That said, I think the lines on the crocodile could be better. Those thick, curving lines on the croc's tail create areas of high contrast, and compete for attention with Tarzan. Thinner lines would be better here, and would help Tarzan remain the focus area between the two. Which is more important: Tarzan or the croc's tail. Tarzan, all the way. With the thinner lines the areas of interest become, first Jane, then Tarzan, then the crocodile. That's how this drawing should work. It should be: Jane, then the crocodile tail, then Tarzan. See what I mean?

I hope this helps! You're always one of my favorite PJers to check out when you post. You do nice work!

Leave a comment:

• bedtime143
    started a topic Tarzan

Tarzan

Tarzan doing his thing, you just cant take this dude anywhere

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X