Xmen vs. Umbrella Corp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmen vs. Umbrella Corp.

I just recently came across an old pummel piece I couldn't finish.
    So I gave it a go and inked digitally.

Any crits and comments are welcome, I might change a thing or two, likencyclops head seems a bit big.
    "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
    |LHW Bottomfeeder|
    PJ Sketchblog
    petethacreepofficial

Cyclops' head does seem big but I think most people would write it off as a mutation from the experiments.
    I like it except the placement of Storm seems kinda tacked on and odd compared to the rest.
    Check the linework on the top of the right side cylinders. Not sure if that's intentional but it looks like you might've gone over it by mistake.
    Colossus' left arm looks kinda weird. That lower half is either a fist that's way too big or a forearm that seems off model.
    Consider cropping the bottom or dropping a black bar to frame it. It's a bit distracting and throws off the finished look of the rest of the piece.
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Comment

You have a nice dark foreground, I would give it a grey wash behind the tanks and between the character panels to help separate the mid and background.
      OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
      My Blog
      My DeviantART Page
      PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Just something to think about, Cyclop's blast tends to keep my eye drawn to the right side of the page. It might work better if he was in the middle, or on the left side blasting diagonally to the right.
        http://chcomicart.blogspot.com/
        https://www.instagram.com/chris.haizlip/

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisH View Post
          Just something to think about, Cyclop's blast tends to keep my eye drawn to the right side of the page. It might work better if he was in the middle, or on the left side blasting diagonally to the right.
          Or have a corresponding blast from iceman. Balance it out.
          OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
          My Blog
          My DeviantART Page
          PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Nice one Pete, this is Manga Studio? I just tried the Frenden pack, and they have a great feel ( that sound funny). I would aline cyclops's googles with the blast, it seems like he's blasting down, the blast itself it's not very appeling to me. If you were to bring this level again to Pummel, your ass would be a heavy no time.
            Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
            LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
            http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Thanks guys, useful insights here.
              Josem it's done in ps, but with only one of the standard brushes, from the aquarell palette. Its 15 px by default and kinda rectangular.
              When I posted this piece a while back, storm was flying very low under iceman and it was suggested to bring her up, since she's a flying char. Probably gotta change the composition to make it work.
              I did make a quick mockup of the suggested greytone and black bar, gonna swap cyclops beam out for a better version, that one wasn't my fave either. Colossus colossal left fist is gonna get touched up also
              |LHW Bottomfeeder|
              PJ Sketchblog
              petethacreepofficial

Comment

Ah, I found the original pencils
                Still thinking about coloring this one up, we'll see
                |LHW Bottomfeeder|
                PJ Sketchblog
                petethacreepofficial

Comment