Another try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another try

Here's another pin up of the same character I posted recently, softened the edges of the shadows as well as the highlights even if the intended look was cel-shaded, so I like comments about it

I would fix her left hand, that's an impossible fist, enlarge her back, connect to the shoulder, and reduce her head a litlle. I can try a drawover if you want.
    Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
    LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
    http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Her skin is still plastikey looking. A quick way to establish shadows and high lights for cell shading techniques is to create two layers. The first one should be set to 'SCREEN' and the 2nd to 'MULTIPLY'. Label the first Highlights, and the second, shadows. Now color pick the color you want to shade or highlight, and just paint on the corresponding layer. Unless the shadow or highlight is really close to the skin, use an airbrush type brush set to a low Opacity to apply/build up shadows and highlights. It will give you a good base to work on for fine tuning the highlights and shadows later on.

Also, I think the color balance is more of an issue right now. While that is a very nice background, it doesn't match up with her colors at all. If its night time and it is natural lighting, then the moon makes everything less saturated and closer to the blue, or purple if it is dominant, side of the spectrum.

I did a drawover. If you want me to post it, let me know.
      OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
      My Blog
      My DeviantART Page
      PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Thank you for the comments and critics. Sorry for the delay, been busy I'll check your comments more carefully, I don't mind the drawover thank you.

Comment

Here ya go.

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
          My Blog
          My DeviantART Page
          PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

My sugestions illustrated.
            Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
            LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
            http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Thank you, some nice suggestions and tips with the drawovers, they really help see what you're talking about. I'll move to another image to work more on the coloring. Thank you.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X