Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaimevalle View Post
    lol sorry for the type-o
    Sorry? Wha... like you slipped us a mickey and got caught?

My first reaction was that the title seemed clumsy. When the punctuation jumped out at me I thought I had the explanation. Coming back, even though it's "corrected" in my mind, it still strikes me as clumsy.

While operations have code names, "code name" is not part of those names: Operation Overlord, Operation Rolling Thunder, Operation Granby etc. Note the lack of information in the names. If the name Operation Paperclip should leak, who cares? Leak the name, "Operation Secret Plan to Smuggle Nazi's out of Germany to Escape Prosecution and Live Happily Ever After in America on the Tax Payers Dime," now you have trouble.

I submit operation and codename both are too much. If the story is about a character code named Deadhand, I'd go with Codename Deadhand. If it's about an operation to kill someone called Deadhand, I'd try to figure a way to say it without saying it. Operation Mortmain, Operation Lord Nelson, Operation Tyr...
    PaulMartinSmith

Comment

first or last one... both are good
      I colour stuff...

Comment

well the Code: name deadhand is based on the Russian cold war plan to launch nukes automatically if the united states attacked first ..in our story the world has been envaded by an alien force? so deadhand is a plan that was put in place to launch a clone program for insurance ... just wanted to make it clear that this was not a comic about zombies or someone with bad circulation ,thus the needed operation: code name.... lol
        Last edited by jaimevalle; 10-31-2015, 12:07 PM.

Comment

1st one is spooky as hell. Definitely the strongest of them all

3rd is also great but a different vibe/not as creepy

Comment

First one - just because you can't here this enough. :-)
            Cheers,
            Einar

Sketchblog
            DA page

Comment

thanks everyone !!

Comment

Another vote for the first.
                http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
                http://ohotmuredux.blogspot.com/

Comment

Obvously the #1 but 2 3 looks hot too.