A Bloody Tragedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bloody Tragedy

A splash from the third volume of a comic I've been working on for awhile now. (The Sapphire Spectre Vol 1 is on Comixology Submit) My main character's roommate gets possessed by demonic energy and gets a bit stab happy with some other cast members.

I like the overall idea and camera angle, but I think all the people are the same size. If she was kneeling over the bodies, she should be bigger, but the guy in the background is the same size if not bigger than the girl with the knife in the foreground. Making the guy a little smaller to denote distance would help sell it.

Here is a quick and dirty drawover.

Last edited by Veritas71; 10-19-2015, 01:50 PM.
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, Melissa (foreground) is short and has a wide face, Isabella (stabbed) is short and skinnier, and Ethan (distant) is like 6'2'' with a biggish head. It was an exercise for certain trying to express that and keep it all believable while still stylized. Sometimes ya just don't notice these things when you've got pencil to board as easily.

Comment

Yeah. When doing thumbs, I always try to think of each panel with a Background, midground, and foreground. Helps with composition and depth. Also, don't have to think about it when I get to the penciling stage.
        OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
        My Blog
        My DeviantART Page
        PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Thanks for the mock-up! (I'm a "get it right next time" kinda guy though ;-) )

Comment

Originally posted by JT Molloy View Post
            Thanks for the mock-up! (I'm a "get it right next time" kinda guy though ;-) )
            Most people are, who actually get stuff done. Nice work, congratulations on cranking out some comics!
            http://www.brandonpalas.com

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X