Does this still look like my work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this still look like my work?

Here's a couple pieces done in Manga Studio 5 on a Surface Pro 2. They were roughed out with the colored pencil tool and then finished with the darker pencil tool. I did them in brown because I've found that flipping the lineart layer to multiply over colors works really well. BUT, I'm curious if this is a massive departure from what my traditional pencil and ink style look like. Is it too different? Does it still work? Let me know.

Cheers, Alex

of course, your structures still look the same. Line quality and rendering are a tad different, if memory serves. But they look great.
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Comment

I agree with Ed. Keep it up man.

~BoS
      PUMMEL LHW: 16 wins | 13 losses | 1 tie | 12 ko's | 0 no shows

DA

Comment

Yup, agree with Ed. The lineweights are lighter, but that's really the only difference.
        See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
        DeviantArt

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Since these are digital, i plan to color them digitally, so I've also omitted all my usual spotted blacks other than sections I know are completely blacked out (the inside of the grizzled guy's coat). I guess it just feels weird not blacking in my drop shadows or feathering and/or crosshatching. I have a few texture lines here and there, but again, it feels like there's something missing, but that's me just being over-critical as usual.

The line weights are actually closer to what I'd get if I was drawing on a larger area - folks had commented on some of my 11x17 work before that there seemed to be finer lines, but that was just because I was working larger and shrinking the image down to show here.

I want to start doing full digital paints at some point - I've messed around a little with that but no serious tries at it yet. I kinda want to ease into it - hence the brown lineart set to multiply. I'll color these up and update soon. Keep the feedback coming - I'm wary of making a severe departure from a style that was making me money to something I'm not 100% sure of.
          Cheers, Alex

Comment

They're clearly yours, I reckon.

You look like someone who has been drawing digitally for quite a while.

They're very 'confident'.
            Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Originally posted by Beastie View Post
              They're clearly yours, I reckon.

You look like someone who has been drawing digitally for quite a while.

They're very 'confident'.
              That is quite possibly the best compliment I could get, considering I've been drawing digitally for exactly 24 days (including today). It took a little bit to get used to the cursor's separation from the stylus and I still have issues using the pen tools (hence the pencil tools instead), but it all seems to be coming together. Thanks for the encouragement.
              Cheers, Alex

Comment

Very competent for digital. Line weights seem thinner compared to your normal. Being honest, that makes me them less enjoyable for me.
                dA | PJ Sketchblog

I want to be the man who can draw so many things, so well and in so many different ways.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback man.
                  Cheers, Alex

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X