Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision and Seven Faces

Haven't been able to post much lately :/
    Here's a short comic done in approx. 16 work hours spread over two days (day 1. couple of hours in the evening for coming up with the story and making thumbnails, day 2. drawing until madness takes over).
    Not for anything just for fun to see what would happen trying to make something from scratch in that time frame (ended up being 12 pages + cover and credits).
    The English text is done later over the original Finnish (so it fits the balloons weirdly at points).
    Ink+watercolor.

(rest of the pages: http://korintic.deviantart.com/art/V...aces-563055412)

Thanks for looking!
    (slightly disturbing)

www.ollihihnala.com

Awesomeness! Thanks for sharing! Now over to DA and read the rest ^^
    "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
    |LHW Bottomfeeder|
    PJ Sketchblog
    petethacreepofficial

Comment

I like the story - very trippy - and the art style suits it well.

I's a bit difficult to read the panels in some places - you've got a limited number of shades with the black inks, and some of the darker areas have a tendency to bleed together in a way that doesn't strike me as intentional. Separate your shades a bit and it'll be easier to understand.
      What's wrong with a little destruction?

The artist formerly known as Mike the Gent.
      I tweet, sometimes

Comment

Pete Tha Creep- Thanks! I'd be interested to know what you thought of the whole package. I have not done this sort of thing before but I am hoping to do more in the future and hoping to utilize any input. Trying to do something 'finished' in this sort of a short spurt is as daunting a task as showing it to people afterwards

MassivePenguin - Thanks! Yes the watercolor washes weren't as controlled as I hoped. Some of the stuff I like and consider happy accident but not all. More practice is needed on getting it down for sure.
        Also I came to notice the technique isn't very good with very light gradient washes as those tend to get clipped out unless I want to do a lot of cleanup work when turning the pages to digital (which I don't want to).
        (slightly disturbing)

www.ollihihnala.com

Comment

I love it!
          Cheers, Alex

Comment

That was very interesting man, it feels larger than the sum of its parts. Also, impressive output for two days of work!
            HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

That's amazing! You're very good, slight Guy Davies influence?
              HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

I read the rest of the pages, love your style and the surreal story! I personally like the "uncontrolled" washes a lot, really suits the comic, I think.
                PJ Sketchblog | caperandcrow.tumblr.com | Instagram
                *Commissions are open!*
                Pummel Stats: LHW: KO-4/W-3/L-0 ~~ HW: KO-0/W-2/L-0 ~~ SF: KO-1/W-0/L-2

Comment

Originally posted by korintic View Post
                  Pete Tha Creep- Thanks! I'd be interested to know what you thought of the whole package. I have not done this sort of thing before but I am hoping to do more in the future and hoping to utilize any input. Trying to do something 'finished' in this sort of a short spurt is as daunting a task as showing it to people afterwards
                  What can I say? I'm a sucker for your stuff
                  "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
                  |LHW Bottomfeeder|
                  PJ Sketchblog
                  petethacreepofficial

Comment

Interested to know, what size was the paper with which you worked? 11x17 or 8x11?
                    dA | PJ Sketchblog

I want to be the man who can draw so many things, so well and in so many different ways.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X