Punisher VS Wolverine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punisher VS Wolverine!

A commission for a friend. Hey, I'm doing commissions now!! Who'd a thunk it? Enjoy, Pj'rs!

flippin sweet!

i like frank's boots
    and wolvie's pose is super dynamic!

Comment

Very nice job. The only thing that strikes me as weird is the Punishers right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by chia View Post
        Very nice job. The only thing that strikes me as weird is the Punishers right hand.

Yeah, I'll accept the hyper exaggerated style of the piece -- but the Punisher's gun is actually physically 'inside his hand' rather than being held in his palm.

Naughty Joh.

Also, is there a reason Wolvie's head is SO small?

And now I'm kinda being freaked out by the hyper exaggerated style cos I've just noticed the difference in size between the two characters' upper arms. Wolvie's upper arms are like tree trunks and the Punisher's are like toothpicks in comparison!

This is not a fair fight!
        Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Aside from Wolvies head... it's awesome. The head looks like an afterthought thought and takes away from the composition....

...and Punishers gun is too small.

I still heart it though.
          Who's Yo Daddy!?!

Comment

Norritt - Thanks, man. I do love to push the envelope!

Chia - Yeah, I love that arm, too. Doah!

Beastie - Naw, are you kidding? Even with the exaggerated arms Punisher would still give him a run for his money, providing he didn't run out of weapons! And I LOVE the forced anatomy, bro! It forces me to approach each character in a different way, and give them separate physical attributes that define their powers/abilities. Proportional realism(as I call it) is just boring to me. Awesome natural skills aside, the Brian Hitch era of comic book illustration has been the least exciting and even less inspiring than any other time in comics. There was a universe once that supported diversity in comics, back when Sam Keith and Walt Simonson were still rockin' the books(proportions be damned). Remember?

Cap - Shame on you, buddy. There are no mistakes in my universe. Everythings thought out WAY in advance. Small gun, small head, small wonder.... It's just me being me!

Comment

1.) Both heads look very small.
              2.) Incredible amount of detail! Nicely done.
              3.) I thought Wolverine was Venom at first tho. He is HUGE! Look at those Quads!!!!!

But your style is your style so who am I to say whats too big or too small.

Comment

I agree with the comment about Wolvies head. and the gun. I'm really enjoying your hatching style.

Comment

Originally posted by joh james View Post

Cap - Shame on you, buddy. There are no mistakes in my universe. Everythings thought out WAY in advance. Small gun, small head, small wonder.... It's just me being me!
                  Dude... seriously... small head or not it's my desktop background right now. I ain't trippin.
                  Who's Yo Daddy!?!

Comment

I think it's amazing. I like it a lot!
                    Well done.
                    My last post. Take a look!
                    Mauro Barbosa - Colorist, flatter and caricaturist.

Comment

Stylish piece. A little hard to read but still impressive.

Regards,
                      Sven

Comment

Alpha - Your say is important to me, dude! And yes, the small appendages is a current trend in all my illos these days. As far back as Cap and Dr. Fate.

Eddie - Thanks, man.

Cap - Ha! If you think it's that good then who am I to argue?!

Rancez - Nice to meet you, man. Uruguay, huh? That's awesome!! Cheers!

Sven - A little colour should clear that right up, Sven! Thanks!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X