Armed and Ready.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed and Ready.

Her thumb should go behind the hip, and her arm is too short. Here is a drawover.

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas71 View Post
      Her thumb should go behind the hip, and her arm is too short. Here is a drawover.

I love how you artists see these things and then give examples! Really impressive. I don't see it at first and then when someone gives an example it almost seems obvious!

Great work (both to artist and commentator!!).
      WWW.THEPUTTO.COM - The Sorrowful Putto of Prague

Comment

I catch myself doing this all the time. I get so focused on the one thing that I overlook the whole pic. Kind of like missing the forest due to all the trees.
        OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
        My Blog
        My DeviantART Page

Comment

Veritas,

I do see what you mean about the hand. However, I'm not convinced by the positioning of your drawover. When I look at that, the pose becomes very awkward in that her right hand is much higher on her hip than her left hand. The rhythm of the pose with her hip angle descending toward the viewer is pretty much ruined.

Another solution may be to make her belt a bit bigger and leave the hand where it was but have her hooking her thumb over her belt as people sometimes do in that pose?

Something just feels wrong about the hand as high as you have it in the drawover to me.

Comment

Good point. I forgot to add in perspective. Doh!

Hopefully this will help with the hand placement. Now about those eyes...

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
            My Blog
            My DeviantART Page

Comment

I just want to know what that piece of gear on her hip/butt is.. if it's a gun then it's waaaaay off for this perspective.
              I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
              my sketchbook

Comment

Thanks for the crits. Just got a script for a rush comic job I have to jump on, so I have to put this one aside for now.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X