Black Manta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Manta

Black Manta on route to something with his new holographic sea-apple-watch. Is he heading for the nearest gasoline station? On a treasure hunt? Heading for a work dinner with the gang at a local sushi restaurant? Getting the groceries for Mrs. Black Manta?

Who knows!

http://hansime.deviantart.com/art/Black-Manta-533949432
    Me @ Deviantart, oh noes!

this is pretty great

Comment

Thanks. Been trying to practice both some non human stuff and see what my Cintiq + Painter can do. So far am rather pleased. Hadn't drawn stuff in almost a year and hardly ever drew humans anyway (more of a draws-big-robots-guy).

Not sure how to best do the underwater reflections though. It's one thing I'd like to improve on.

Quite happy with the optics though. Speaking of which, not sure what the idea in the official comics is with the big bug eyes, but gave him tiny eye sockets to look through and the red stuff is infrared sensors and lights to see in deep water. Think it makes him look a bit more menacing than the usual gradient/mono colour set of bug eyes I've seen from online comic panels.

Comment

Looks awesome to me, I actually don't mind the simplicity. The bubbles are enough to tell me they are under water, plus the value changes of the blue give it a sense of deep depth. His flippers feel a bit to narrow and solid to really function as flippers, but otherwise nice work!

Comment

Thanks Domo. I always enjoy doing something simple, since it makes something feel a bit less exagerated and more of a "natural" look to the character.

Hmm. Wonder if it's the sharp edged heel on top that makes it look stiff, or if it's the entire thing simply being too stiff and rigid looking. Based it off a pic of a scuba diver though, could just be the model.

EDIT: this better?

Last edited by HanSime; 05-23-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X