Ronin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronin

I could tell you all about what this piece is for and what I'm working on at the moment, but for now I'll just leave this here. Thoughts and critique appreciated. Thanks. More stuff incoming. . . possibly.

Color isn't my strongsuit so hoping this piece will be my first step forward in getting better in that department.

How exactly does he draw that sword?!?
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas71 View Post
      How exactly does he draw that sword?!?
      probably with Manga Studio
      I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
      my sketchbook

Comment

Originally posted by MLaw View Post
        Actually, I inked this traditionally.

G-pen and felt tip. And I used a French Ruler for the sword.
        Last edited by RukuKabe; 05-07-2015, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Here's the original linework. My dad actually walked by and suggested I make the pupils bigger, so I changed that in PS real quick. And also, had to make some brush strokes on copy paper and overlay those in PS to add a little somethin-somethin to the pants. But everything else, G pen and. . . 0.03 mm tech pen, I think?

Comment

@Mlaw - heh.

Nice work, but I was talking about the feasability of this guy drawing the sword from the scabbard. Most great swords or claymores have what they call a half scabbard.

Search Google Images for 'claymore sword scabbard' and you'll see what I'm talking about.
            Last edited by Veritas71; 05-07-2015, 11:23 AM.
            OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
            My Blog
            My DeviantART Page
            PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

@Mlaw - heh.

Nice work, but I was talking about the feasability of this guy drawing the sword from the scabbard. Most great swords or claymores have what they call a half scabbard.

Search Google Images for 'claymore sword scabbard' and you'll see what I'm talking about.
              Face. . . meet palm.

There is no blade attached to the hilt/handle. This guy's I guess what you'd call a "mage ronin" or something of the sort. Drawing the handle/sword from the scabbard breaks the seal on his actual weapon, which lets him use a variety of swords of ethereal flaming weapons (large zanbatou, twin nodachi, etc.). The large, seemingly unorthodox scabbard on his back is a misleading tactic of sorts.

Comment

@Mlaw - heh.

I was making a pun.. which.. was pretty hilarious because the OP didn't seem to pick up on that..
                I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
                my sketchbook

Comment

I was making a pun.. which.. was pretty hilarious because the OP didn't seem to pick up on that..
                  ?

Not quite seeing the pun. Then again I can be a dense bastard at times.

Comment

Lol............
                    Take things from life; twist and bend and make it your own. It is what we do, no one creates in a vaccuum. Draw, Draw Hard, Draw Life

Comment

I like the lines in this. It's got that good angular feel that I try to go for in my work.

Comment

LOL this conversation...... Coll image tho. I would just be careful of using the super heavy dense black on clothing. looking good so far tho, can't wait to see more of this guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Domo! View Post
                          LOL this conversation...... Coll image tho. I would just be careful of using the super heavy dense black on clothing. looking good so far tho, can't wait to see more of this guy!
                          Took me this long to actually get what was going on in the conversation. . . face, meet palm. *smack*

Thanks Domo! and Rebelart for the compliments! And the pants were kind of. . . last minute recovered, so to speak. Hopefully I can figure out a better way to render them out.

Comment

Oh other people got it....it just wasnt funny
                            [email protected]

Instagram
                            http://instagram.com/shannon_hall_art#

DA
                            http://shameous.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Nice color work, only complaint is the folds on the clothes, the lack of crease lines and the mirroring of the bulges from side to side on the shirt make him look like he has boobs...just an observation take it or leave just keep drawing!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X