Penciljack Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penciljack Attack

This is just for fun. I wanted to practice a little more on Photoshop, so I thought I would have some fun with the Penciljack logo.

Thanks for Looking.

very Sharp work,get's right to the point.

very nice!
    devianart
    http://brokenhill.deviantart.com/

.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Broken...2971015?v=info

'

Comment

awesomesauce.
      DON'T CLICK
      http://nickguy0320.deviantart.com/
      http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...php?71084-Doom
      I miss when we all drew like Joe MAD and argued about the Matrix

Comment

Man, this is so cool! How long did it take you?

Good job.

Comment

Love this.
          Gorilla Mouth Blog
          Gorilla Mouth Shop
          Twitter
          R.O.M.B.I.E.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenhill View Post
            very SHARP WORK,get's right to the point.

very nice!

heh....heh I get it. It's a drawing of PencilJack and pencils, and you said 'sharp work', cuz like, all the pencils are sharp....

Comment

It's excellent but it seems nobody understands that the logo is supposed to be a guy that has had the top of his head (or his brain) removed and the tip of a pencil has been stitched in its place. It's not a pencil with a face on it. At least that's what I always got from the logo. I guess I could be wrong.
              Commie Zombies From Outer Space
              My art thread
              http://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge...itle_no=144890

Comment

This is great, I love this!!!!
                Be Happy & Make All Happy!!!!!

Comment

He looks so pissed.

Comment

Heehehe, nice one I like the pencil guy and his expression, the color scheme is also pretty nice and works perfectly well. The texture on the pencil tip is great, as well as on the rubber end.,
                    The fact that the pens follow a different vanishing point (his hand) than your background lightray effect (the pic's center) is a little disturbing to me, since it makes particularly the pens in the top middle look somewhat out of perspective. On the other hand, aligning both v.points would probably make it rather boring (might be worth a try) so I can't really come up with any proposal...just wanted to say it bugs me I guess
                    His right arm looks - taking foreshorting of the left one into account - less muscular to me.
                    That's all just nitpicks though, and there is only two things that in my book really dont add to the picture. For one, that cloudish lightning texture in the background that seems it had to bear some motion blur just looks cheap to me. It just says "Photoshop filter" and nothing like "artistic effort".
                    The other thing is the flying pens. It seems you only drew one or two and used copy and transform to fill the pic. It's why each one has a different blurriness due to different scaling and it shows at a first glance already.
                    Don't get me wrong, I dont mean to sound rude but honest. Still a great pic, I'd give 8 out of 10 and the two cents I just gave

Regards,
                    Sven

Comment

Originally posted by fatmancomics View Post
                      It's excellent but it seems nobody understands that the logo is supposed to be a guy that has had the top of his head (or his brain) removed and the tip of a pencil has been stitched in its place. It's not a pencil with a face on it. At least that's what I always got from the logo. I guess I could be wrong.
                      That's what I always took it to be, as well. I guess you could call this "artistic license."

Not too bad. I agree with Kapone's points.
                      Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Hmmm, are there any other references of Penciljack other than the one in the top left-hand corner of our screens? Just curious.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment everyone. I appreciate the kind words and comments!

Kopone: Wow! Thanks for taking the time to let me know your thoughts. You make some valid points that I will definitely think about next time. It is interesting because you are just telling me what you see. What is funny though, is that for the background, it is all brushes and no filters. The only thing blurred are the pencils which you thought were copy and pasted.

These are the original pencils:

I am not necessarily trying to defend my work. You do have some great points. I find Art so interesting. It is all about perception. I always like hearing what people get out of it. Thanks again for the critique. I will keep practicing.

Wo-Nellie: That is a good question? I just saw the picture up top and went with that. However, I did enjoy Fatmancomics explaination of PJack.

Thanks again for looking everyone.

Comment

Cool pic!

nice job on the teeth
                            PUMMEL stats!
                            Wins-5 / Loss-10 / KO's: 3

My Band website (Sleeze)
                            I really don't know what I'm doing (my Art)

Comment

LOL I looked EXTRA close to make sure I don't come up with false copy & paste accuses , hahaha. I noticed that the zig-zag lines (at the tip where the paint stops and the wood starts) seemed to come in only two flavours
                              Of course no need to defend anything, as you said it's just what I see and I am probably as surprised as you, learning you did not use any filters. Funny, in parts it's like you simulated those then
                              Anyways, great pencil work here and I change my comment then to "You've overdone the blurring of the flying pencils"
                              (maybe you should have used a motion blurr here, or speedlines or anything to indicate motion of the pencils)

Regards,
                              Sven

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X