Clear All

• Electricity

this is my entry for the YOUR CHARACTER DRAWOFF
    C&C is greatly appreciated, otherwise just enjoy

Pummel
    MiddleWeight
    Win: 1 Loss: 0 KO: 1

-the man without a name-

I can't stretch my fingers out like that. Ouch!

Comment

This pic is far from perfect, but I like the dynamic shading and pose you've got going here. My main critique is that you need to study how to draw clothing wrinkles which properly follow the contours of the human body. Also, perhaps this is just me, but I'm not sure whether I'm looking at a male or a female here. The face seems pretty feminine, but I can't quite be sure...
      RianMiller.com | deviantArt | Weird and Pissed Off | The Sidetracked Podcast | Anchorbird

"Sometimes living makes no sound."

Comment

Originally posted by larq2525 View Post
        Also, perhaps this is just me, but I'm not sure whether I'm looking at a male or a female here.
        It's not just you. The face suggests female, however the arms are far too broad and overly muscled to suggest anything other than male.
        The body and clothing only help to hide all hints of gender.
        I was going to mention that the first post as well as a dozen other things, but I felt like I was being too mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Wo-Nellie View Post
          I can't stretch my fingers out like that. Ouch!
          Nellie, you need more practice then

Actually I thought the hands are among the best parts of this pic, especially his left one including the forearm, where only the pinky seems a bit odd to me. Looks like he is getting a comfortable grip at, uh, uhm, some, err whatever

I'm not sure whether I'm looking at a male or a female
          Dude, it happens to me everyday...in real life. They call it metrosexual or something.

Regards,
          Sven

Comment

you guys are funny lol

thanx for the crits, i know it needs work but specifics are always welcome.
            dont worry, im made of steel i wont break down at a supposed harsh comment. :-)
            my hands are something i try to work on alot but the face is a male. i just dont really know what else i can do to make him more male... 0.o
            i guess its the long hair?
            anyways thanx again :-)
            edit: i was trying to make the wrinkles look believable/functional but i guess it didnt work, oh well more practice thanx
            Last edited by InsertNameHere; 10-29-2008, 11:41 PM. Reason: add aditional comment
            Pummel
            MiddleWeight

-the man without a name-

Comment

Well, it's just that things like the shape of the eye, the softer curve of the jaw and the shape of the cocked eyebrow all suggest at least feminine traits to me. Doesn't mean he's not sporting a in his pants, but he'd come across awfully feminine in real life.

Comment

Just cover up parts of his face with your hand to see which features appear female to you and which male.
                To me, covering the lower half of his face reveals that the eyes are 100% female. The main two reasons for that is probably the outline, which is way too solid and black for someone NOT using eyeliner (especially since the face itself has no shading whatsoever. White face, black eyes -> cosmetics), second the eyebrowes definitely had to bear some picking to get into a shape like that, which is something men, uhm, let's say "rarely" do
                The nose looks male to me, covering all features only leaving the face's outline is ok as well, angular enough for a male.
                Another absolutely female feature though is these Angelina Jolie lips. Again for the same reason, a solidly outlined feature in an otherwise white face looks like plenty of makeup to me (think Geisha). Try to remove most of the outline, almost leaving only a single center stroke there defining his mouth. I guess that might help.

Regards,
                Sven

Comment

wow i just noticed that his OPEN MOUTH doesnt have the shading to make it look open OMG ROFLMAO. ill fix this and see if i can clarify some things :-)
                  Pummel
                  MiddleWeight

-the man without a name-

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X