Double Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Dates

In an alternate world where Bruce Wayne and Peter Parker exist, they go out of a Super-Double-Date with two super-heroins Black Cat and Catwoman.
    Version 1, 2013

Version 2, Feb 2015

Hy,

nice pieces!

Good idea, a superhero double date It would be funny, if black cat/woman were the same person, so bruce and peter date the same girl - awkward. Who would win… her heart xD

It´s obvious that you gained more skill over the years, but somehow I like the old one more. Maybe it´s the composition…
    Spidey looks like his is smaller in size than black cat, on the newer version.

Keep on!

Comment

Originally posted by Das N.E.K. View Post
      Hy,

nice pieces!

Good idea, a superhero double date It would be funny, if black cat/woman were the same person, so bruce and peter date the same girl - awkward. Who would win… her heart xD

Keep on!
      Now there's an Idea!

Originally posted by Das N.E.K. View Post
      Hy,

It´s obvious that you gained more skill over the years, but somehow I like the old one more. Maybe it´s the composition…
      Spidey looks like his is smaller in size than black cat, on the newer version.

Keep on!
      I will agree there. It is the point of the composition to obscure the Male Characters and make the Women more prominent. I purposefully turned their bodies to hide more than half of the males, and staring towards their partners. I guess it having he effect I initially thought off if your thinking that.

And there is a bit more of a connection even to me on the first piece, maybe because of the big, flat blacks in the drawing. I think this means I need to do better in compositions with more detail if its going to compete with strong blacks like the first one.

Comment

You need to establish a main light source. In the 2nd group, you have no shadows on the window or terrace.
        OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
        My Blog
        My DeviantART Page
        PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas71 View Post
          You need to establish a main light source. In the 2nd group, you have no shadows on the window or terrace.
          Right. Yup. They look like they're floating. I was hoping the body contours would be enough to suggest light. I was going to do that in a colored versions.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X