No announcement yet.

Iron Man: American Nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's probably unpublished because Marvel has no idea that you're doing Iron-man books. Sorry dude, but it's misleading to say this is an "unpublished" cover, when it's basically just fan fiction and fan art.

That being said it took me a few moments to realize this was a reflection Iron-man's face plate. You should show the curvature of the face plate in the reflection. That and toning down the contrast of the reflection would help this read a little more clearly.
    FB | DA | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM

Comment

Also, if this is a cover, you didn't leave any room for the logo or the credits.
      OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
      My Blog
      My DeviantART Page
      PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Eh, I've seen them run covers that didn't leave room before and they just slapped it on anyway. Or.. some editor who loves to badly use the transform tool in photoshop will scale it down and drop in some strips. It's not a deal breaker like it used to be is my point I guess.

For me the representation of the buildings and the mushroom clouds doesn't make sense at all. You have some oddly angled buildings that indicate he is tilted and below them yet there is a horizon way up high. If you used vanishing points to draw those buildings (it looks like it) then why didn't you use them to establish your horizon? Instead it looks like you drew the buildings, realized that the horizon was lower than your original concept allowed so you just said screw it and drew one in 3/4 of the way up the tallest building. What that would work out to in real life is that there's a city then there is a massive slope with a plateau or a drop off or something.
        The problem is with the concept. You have 2 things that are competing in a limited space that doesn't offer much room for flexibility. The buildings are up close.. not super close like looking at coffee in a mug, but close enough. The mushroom clouds.. those things are massive. I'm not sure you understand how massive. However, we see a field of them. You can't have it both ways. Re-plan it with the understanding that you are showing the devastation of a giant mushroom cloud.. OR.. that you're showing several of them. Both require entirely different setups that will serve your final image far better.
        I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
        my sketchbook

Comment

his eyes make him look like he is a stoned iron-man.
          "when there's no more room in hell...the dead will walk the earth."

my drawings
          my crazy music
          my facebook

Comment

Thanks for the constructive criticism. If you look at the Horizon you will see that it is tilted as the buildings are and the mushroom clouds are meant to be over the top huge up front and smaller as they reduce in size towards the horizon. The pencil line you see is an original line but would not be seen in the final inked work. In the end I am attempting to illustrate that many bombs are going off and iron man has done little to stop it. If I were to do anything different it would be to show some of these tilted buildings falling at various stages.
            I appreciate the input bud!
            Last edited by MU-TH-UR; 12-18-2014, 04:59 PM.

Comment

ok I did not realize that my description of the art could be misinterpreted so I have corrected it and yes it is simple fan art based on a script by me.

Comment

Originally posted by golgotha View Post
                his eyes make him look like he is a stoned iron-man.
                or hung over

Comment

Originally posted by Manji View Post
                  It's probably unpublished because Marvel has no idea that you're doing Iron-man books. Sorry dude, but it's misleading to say this is an "unpublished" cover, when it's basically just fan fiction and fan art.

That being said it took me a few moments to realize this was a reflection Iron-man's face plate. You should show the curvature of the face plate in the reflection. That and toning down the contrast of the reflection would help this read a little more clearly.
                  Def appreciate the response. Personally I want the viewer to have to take a second to realize that it's a reflection!

Comment

Comment

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
                      my sketchbook

Comment

Originally posted by MLaw View Post
                        This might be the worst meme in history.

Comment

Let's just say no to MEME's in general. Most suck.
                          OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
                          My Blog
                          My DeviantART Page
                          PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Wow.. really? What is this North Korea?

my deviantart
                            my sketchbook

Comment

Originally posted by MLaw View Post
                              Wow.. really? What is this North Korea?
                              There are too many rats on the web for this to be North Korea and yes that was a North Korean labor camp joke.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X