X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slam
    replied
    Originally posted by Manji View Post
    Veritas beat me to it but I also did a value breakdown to help you better understand how to keep everything from becoming a muddy mess. This is a very simple breakdown I did on my mouse at work so please excuse the wonkiness.

Anyway, I always suggest using 3 main tones to separate elements are create depth. I also added a quick color hue to show how very simple color can accentuate a piece. I started with a 3 base values, then decided to darken it overall to better match your original vibe.

I hope this helps.

That's really helpful manji! I always have a hard time managing tone, I'll try to keep my main tone use to 3 from now on, those thumbnails are really effective.

Pete: That's some really nice textural work, I especially like the treatment on the background but I've seen you draw better characters. Definitely always like seeing an artist experiment!

Leave a comment:

• Pete Tha Creep
    replied
    rough color experiment

Leave a comment:

• Pete Tha Creep
    replied
    Eliminated some distracting highlights in the back

Leave a comment:

• Pete Tha Creep
    replied
    Two overdraws in a matter of minutes, wow! ^^
    Here's an updated version. Does it work better?

Leave a comment:

• Manji
    replied
    Veritas beat me to it but I also did a value breakdown to help you better understand how to keep everything from becoming a muddy mess. This is a very simple breakdown I did on my mouse at work so please excuse the wonkiness.

Anyway, I always suggest using 3 main tones to separate elements are create depth. I also added a quick color hue to show how very simple color can accentuate a piece. I started with a 3 base values, then decided to darken it overall to better match your original vibe.

I hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Veritas71
    replied
    Way too dark. Separating the Bg, mid, and foregrounds gives it much more depth and clarity. I kept the mid ground dark, went with the lamp light to make the foreground the lightest section, and made the clouds a mid tone grey. I made the crow and grave marker more prominent like he is standing in front of it instead of it being behind him.

Leave a comment:

• DRDeVee
    replied
    I have to agree it is hard to tell if that is a bird or an ink blot on the top of that gravestone.

Leave a comment:

• slyaguilar
    replied
    It could benefit from more contrast to help separate the foreground, middleground, and background.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Tha Creep
    started a topic The Crow

The Crow

C&C welcome

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X