• Show
Clear All

• The Crow

C&C welcome

"Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
    |LHW Bottomfeeder|
    PJ Sketchblog
    petethacreepofficial

It could benefit from more contrast to help separate the foreground, middleground, and background.
    Available for commissions! PM me. Check out my Deviant art page! http://slyaguilar.deviantart.com/ In a rut? I watch this video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdwEDyBQcCc Instagram @slyaguilar

Comment

I have to agree it is hard to tell if that is a bird or an ink blot on the top of that gravestone.
      Take things from life; twist and bend and make it your own. It is what we do, no one creates in a vaccuum. Draw, Draw Hard, Draw Life

Comment

Way too dark. Separating the Bg, mid, and foregrounds gives it much more depth and clarity. I kept the mid ground dark, went with the lamp light to make the foreground the lightest section, and made the clouds a mid tone grey. I made the crow and grave marker more prominent like he is standing in front of it instead of it being behind him.

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
        My Blog
        My DeviantART Page
        PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Veritas beat me to it but I also did a value breakdown to help you better understand how to keep everything from becoming a muddy mess. This is a very simple breakdown I did on my mouse at work so please excuse the wonkiness.

Anyway, I always suggest using 3 main tones to separate elements are create depth. I also added a quick color hue to show how very simple color can accentuate a piece. I started with a 3 base values, then decided to darken it overall to better match your original vibe.

I hope this helps.

FB | DA | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM

Comment

Two overdraws in a matter of minutes, wow! ^^
            Here's an updated version. Does it work better?
            |LHW Bottomfeeder|
            PJ Sketchblog
            petethacreepofficial

Comment

Eliminated some distracting highlights in the back
              |LHW Bottomfeeder|
              PJ Sketchblog
              petethacreepofficial

Comment

rough color experiment
                |LHW Bottomfeeder|
                PJ Sketchblog
                petethacreepofficial

Comment

Originally posted by Manji View Post
                  Veritas beat me to it but I also did a value breakdown to help you better understand how to keep everything from becoming a muddy mess. This is a very simple breakdown I did on my mouse at work so please excuse the wonkiness.

Anyway, I always suggest using 3 main tones to separate elements are create depth. I also added a quick color hue to show how very simple color can accentuate a piece. I started with a 3 base values, then decided to darken it overall to better match your original vibe.

I hope this helps.

That's really helpful manji! I always have a hard time managing tone, I'll try to keep my main tone use to 3 from now on, those thumbnails are really effective.

Pete: That's some really nice textural work, I especially like the treatment on the background but I've seen you draw better characters. Definitely always like seeing an artist experiment!
                  PUMMEL Stats | TUMBLR | BLOG | Figure Drawing Blog
                  SLAM | Light Heavyweight
                  (2014) Wins:05 | Losses:03 | Knockouts:05

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X