The big blue boyscout poser :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big blue boyscout poser :)

I've been trying to color my stuff lately using copic markers, and obviously have a lot more to practice.
    This one was a lot of fun to draw and color though.

C&C are as always welcome and appreciated.

The b/w version:

And the colored one:

Thanks for looking!

Nice work. Maybe a little to mutch bodybuielder on steroids look.
    Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
    LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
    http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Dammit! I knew I shouldn't have taken myself as a reference!

But no, that's what you get from too much Castellini art in your youth

Thanks for commenting, mate!

Comment

lol, I do the same thing when I"m not paying attention.. all of his muscles are super tight and he's ripped as hell.
        You only see that on people with less than 10% body fat (closer to 8) and they still have to actually flex. Then there's cloth.. which would hide all of those details.
        His chin and corners of his mouth make him look like a puppet too.. it's kinda creepy tbh.

After all of that.. I really dig those colors.. they have a story book quality to them. Very charming and befitting of Supes.
        I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
        my sketchbook

Comment

MLaw, I know exactly what you're talking about and I absolutely agree that this is a rather ridiculous way of drawing people...

Regular people, that is. But these guys, the superheroes (or American superheroes, to be precise), they are anything but, right?

Sure, there's the body fat, and the cloth, and the fact that they couldn't possibly be flexing all their muscles all the time, but what the hell.

You make a concious decision about the way you want to draw these characters, and being a kid/teen of the 90's, I kind of really like this in-reality-never-possible-super-hyper-ripped look of Jim Lee's and Claudio Castellini's superheroes.

Ah, well. Crippled tastes in childhood.

Thank you very much for commenting though

Comment

I don't mind the extra muscles at all - i think it's a style thing more than a right or wrong thing. Plus - no one outside of Prime ever actually looked like a Bodybuilder, in my opinion.

http://ultraversepodcast.com/wp-cont...10/prime01.jpg

Comment

I like the face and the coloring! but, not so much the bodybuilder look, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by plasticfangs View Post
                I don't mind the extra muscles at all - i think it's a style thing more than a right or wrong thing. Plus - no one outside of Prime ever actually looked like a Bodybuilder, in my opinion.

http://ultraversepodcast.com/wp-cont...10/prime01.jpg
                Good Lord, now THAT'S a pumped up dude!

I think the only ones to come close to that physique would be the Kelly Jones's Bane or Dale Keown's Hulk:

(Especially worth noticing here is the 10-pack on the Hulk )

Comment

Originally posted by humble-tomato View Post
                  I like the face and the coloring! but, not so much the bodybuilder look, sorry
                  Hey, don't sweat it! I'm glad you like the coloring at least

Comment

Hey nice clean inking!

As far as crits, perhaps try bulking up his trap muscles just a wee bit? Also if you pulled his waist/pelvis up a bit, it might balance out his chest.

Comment

As for clothes, superheroes are "nude" with painted-on costumes.
                      Light Heavy W-38 L-15 KO-18
                      deviant art
                      tumblr
                      PJ blog

Comment

@Bosatsu: Thank you, I didn't want the inking to overshadow the colors, so I tried to be rather subtle with it; otherwise I might have gone berserk with the inks
                        As for the trapezius, I suppose I could have made it a bit larger, but I tried to have him pushing out his chest, so I thought the trap wouldn't be as prominent in this pose. And to me, a big trapezius is something that more than anything else screams ''pro bodybuilder'' (although, to be honest, the huge pecks, the large chest and the monster biceps could be saying pretty much the same in this case)

@Sirandel: Exactly!

Comment

It is a little ripped for Superman —especially against the current, leaner revisions.

... I always thought it was redic that Supes was diesel —what the hell is he lifting for that bulk? technically he's not even getting exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Sway Mi View Post
                            —what the hell is he lifting for that bulk?
                            Whole planets?
                            Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X