• Doctor Octopus First Appearance Homage

Pretty pumped for Spider-Gwen.

Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

I love it!
    Pummel: Wins: 35|Losses: 9|Knockouts: 26|Months Champion:7

https://www.instagram.com/teratophile.art/

Comment

How did you make the curves of the tendrils so smooth?

Comment

lookin awesome love the composition. sparse yet well distributed.
        if you want something, go get it. its just that simple

my deviantart

my tumblr

Pummel W=3 L=1| K.O=3
        Pummel brawl: W=1| K.O=1

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
          How did you make the curves of the tendrils so smooth?
          wondering the same thing, as im doing something similar.
          Pummel: Wins: 35|Losses: 9|Knockouts: 26|Months Champion:7

https://www.instagram.com/teratophile.art/

Comment

Poking around Adam's DA page, it's digital work. So depending upon the tools there-in lay the answer. I know the Line Tool (hotkey U) in Manga Studio is pretty great for that sort of thing.

If you're just doing it the good old monkey way, french curves like a mofo I reckon.
            New and improved for 1996!
            Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

In Photoshop you'd get that with the Pen Tool. Probably Illustrator too. I'm not sure what it is in manga studio or gimp etc..
              I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
              my sketchbook

Comment

Digital it is; in this case, I have a neat trick. I use a fixed width line tool, set really fat; to the thickness of the entire tentacle. Then I draw them in pure black. I then select the tentacle, delete the black, and outline the selection at the correct line width. It gives me smooth lines cause I make them in one big stroke, and it keeps the tentacles exactly the same thickness. The segment lines are just freehanded in, but a little thinking about the curvature can make them pretty 3-d, especially for such a hack method. :P
                Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

Comment

Funny enough I'm actually also working on something with mechanical tentacles.. lol must be something in the air.
                  I could see doing a big black line, wanding it, contracting the selection, then erasing out for smoothness in Photoshop. Similar idea just a bit more work I think. Thanks for sharing and inspiring
                  I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
                  my sketchbook

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Masterman View Post
                    Digital it is; in this case, I have a neat trick. I use a fixed width line tool, set really fat; to the thickness of the entire tentacle. Then I draw them in pure black. I then select the tentacle, delete the black, and outline the selection at the correct line width. It gives me smooth lines cause I make them in one big stroke, and it keeps the tentacles exactly the same thickness. The segment lines are just freehanded in, but a little thinking about the curvature can make them pretty 3-d, especially for such a hack method. :P
                    You CHEATER!! I LOVE it!
                    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
                    My Blog
                    My DeviantART Page
                    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

nice inks

http://ellybobo1.deviantart.com

New Pummel:3-W | 3-L |2-KO
                      0- W | 0- L (LHW)
                      9- W | 2- L | 4 KO (MW)
                      street fight 3- W/1- L/3 KO
                      MW Championship win (2)

Comment

Originally posted by MLaw View Post
                        In Photoshop you'd get that with the Pen Tool. Probably Illustrator too. I'm not sure what it is in manga studio or gimp etc..
                        I never could figure out how to use the "pen" tool in Photoshop.

I really wish Adobe would have picked a more appropriate name for it, like the "Some Sh*t We Made Up Tool", because pens don't work that way when I'm using them. :P
                        New and improved for 1996!
                        Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

So clean! I love the minimalist style and colors. the background, spotlight cast shadow was super clever —kudos!

Comment

Originally posted by Pencilero View Post
                            I never could figure out how to use the "pen" tool in Photoshop.

I really wish Adobe would have picked a more appropriate name for it, like the "Some Sh*t We Made Up Tool", because pens don't work that way when I'm using them. :P
                            It took me a while to get around to learning the pen, but its actually a relatively fast curve: dots for straight segments and dragged dots for curves. It actually gets intuitive relatively quickly. That said, I hardly ever use it; when I block in shapes for shadow, I use a brush and eraser so I can see the shadows as I put them in; the pen tool is tool is too abstract for me. And yes, pen tool is a dumb name, though by this point its become the established name for "manual vector creating tool" in most programs.
                            Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X