First issue cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First issue cover

Finished inks for cover of the first issue of my book.

Read my webcomic, "1980"

My Deviant Art page

Very nice. Love the perspective and the way you broke the inking line on the background buildings.

Also really like the clothing details.

Almost makes me wanna color over it.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by JulianoSousa View Post
      Very nice. Love the perspective and the way you broke the inking line on the background buildings.

Also really like the clothing details.

Almost makes me wanna color over it.

Cheers!

Thanks.

Feel free to color if you want. If you want a higher res version, just hit me up with a PM.
      Read my webcomic, "1980"

My Deviant Art page

Comment

Here's the colored version:

Title is still just a working title, not sure what the final will be.
        Read my webcomic, "1980"

My Deviant Art page

Comment

I hate that gun. HATE IT. The cover works pretty well, but that gun, ugh. Go find some ref for weapons and/or learn how guns work. And the way he's holding it - it's all I can see. It's just plain wrong. Did you have a friend pose for that and they just didn't know how to hold a gun? I'm giving you some serious $#!+ for this because the rest looks pretty darn good and this is your cover. Your character obviously uses a gun, but according to the cover, he doesn't know how to use a gun - unless that's a silly looking paperweight that he hits people in the head with. Sorry for the tough love man - I know I can come off as an ass when it comes to this stuff, but it's only because I care and want this to really be awesome, and the gun is holding it back.
          Cheers, Alex

Comment

Originally posted by hadesillustrations View Post
            I hate that gun. HATE IT. The cover works pretty well, but that gun, ugh. Go find some ref for weapons and/or learn how guns work. And the way he's holding it - it's all I can see. It's just plain wrong. Did you have a friend pose for that and they just didn't know how to hold a gun? I'm giving you some serious $#!+ for this because the rest looks pretty darn good and this is your cover. Your character obviously uses a gun, but according to the cover, he doesn't know how to use a gun - unless that's a silly looking paperweight that he hits people in the head with. Sorry for the tough love man - I know I can come off as an ass when it comes to this stuff, but it's only because I care and want this to really be awesome, and the gun is holding it back.

Thanks, man.

You're right… i put very little time into the gun, and I should know better. Luckily, I still have time to fix it.

Quick edited gun, until I have more time to work on it:

Last edited by RonB; 10-24-2014, 03:10 PM.
            Read my webcomic, "1980"

My Deviant Art page

Comment

Muuuch better. Now remove his thumb, or the slide will when he shoots the gun. There should also be four fingers wrapping around his gripping hand, though only the tip of the index finger should really be visible in that pose.
              Cheers, Alex

Comment

Great works!
                www.gilmoreart.com Website
                http://www.coroflot.com/Arrow More Art
                [email protected] E-mail
                LHW Champion
                HW Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron2011 View Post
                  Great works!
                  Thank you!
                  Read my webcomic, "1980"

My Deviant Art page

Comment

Updated 110414:

Read my webcomic, "1980"

My Deviant Art page

Comment

Is the title pronounced 'DIS-UNITY' or 'DI-SUNITY'? Right now it's a little hard to tell. Maybe a lighter shade of grey to discern the emphasis on one of the vowels in the title.
                      OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
                      My Blog
                      My DeviantART Page
                      PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas71 View Post
                        Is the title pronounced 'DIS-UNITY' or 'DI-SUNITY'? Right now it's a little hard to tell. Maybe a lighter shade of grey to discern the emphasis on one of the vowels in the title.

It's dis-unity, but it does seem to have more emphasis on the "sun"… i'll put some time into fixing that. Thanks.
                        Read my webcomic, "1980"

My Deviant Art page

Comment

I really like this man, i couldnĀ“t help myself, and played with it in Manga Studio for a while. The main ideia was to give you a titlle option, but i also spread his left leg a litlle, and retoutched the bend of the pipe. Please ignore the line art, i just love to put blacks on top of colors, and those are beautifull colors. See if you like any of the ideias.
                          Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
                          LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
                          http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Originally posted by hadesillustrations View Post
                            Your feedback is useful. But man -- saying your an "ass", doesn't really excuse acting like one. It's like using "no offense". Like "no offense, but this is a really rude critique."

I get it, tough love is vital. And people in the industry will be harder. But -- as far as I'm concerned, I don't think this is good way to offer advice.

And maybe I seem like an ass to you, but it's only because I care, and I don't want people on this site -- especially new people, checking this site out for the first time, to think they are going to get slapped around if they post any art.

It creates a bad impression. This was the first site I ever posted on, and the first time I posted, someone wrote me a message much like yours, only slightly ruder. I almost didn't come back to the site.

In my opinion, not cool.

Comment

But RonB 's no nonsense acceptance of the feeback is very cool. Nice work man. Keep it up!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X