X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beastie
    replied
    Right, so, art feedback.

I wish that it was immediately, 100% clear that he's sitting on a toilet. I mean, we can work out that its a toilet after a second - but, because so much of it is hidden by Supe's body - it's not 'immediate'. You could have added a flusher handle to the bit we CAN see - just to make it more obvious.

The angle of his arm on the far side of his body (we can only see his bicep) suggests that we would also be able to see his forearm/ coming down behind his far ankle. For it to 'not be seen' would, to me, suggest that it was broken at the elbow and bent backwards or something. I would delete the bicep and just have his shoulder on view.

He's missing his red underpants.

There's an area between his left leg (the leg on the right of the picture) and his cape that you've coloured an odd grey. What is that area?

He seems a bit like he's actually sitting on his cape (and therefore pooping on it). Was that intentional?

Given the position of the toilet stand - it appears that neither of Supe's feet are touching the floor. This detracts from the sense of 'weight' that I think he should have.

Y'know though, even given all those issues - I still think it's a fun image to look at

Leave a comment:

• Devilman
    replied
    of course, if you didn't mean to make him as morbidly obese, there's tons of other ref of fat guys sitting for you to troll through on google.

Leave a comment:

• Devilman
    replied
    I'd say that the picture gets the point across. People will buy the t, that's not in question. The colors are solid, the composition is fun and it's a good start to a clever piece.

My critiques are thus:
    1. The anatomy for fat people is something I ALWAYS have trouble with and, as such, have to constantly go to google to get reference. BUT, by looking at this, I thought I might be able to post a pic that I found of a fat guy sitting that might help me with some of what I'm going to say:

He (the reference pic) kind of seems like the Michellin man in the way that his body seems to be segmented, (the chest rolling around into his back fat, the uper abdominal area and lower abdominal area both doing the same. Also, notice the legs. The way you have your drawing makes them look as if he's in a horse riding stance instead of a natural squat. I think you may have but too much neck fat folds in there. The hand holding the hamburger, we can see the thumb part of the palm when we shouldn't (since we see the top of the hand the way we do. I agree with the comment about the arms not matching, but even if you wanted him to have buff arms, his bicep line looks noodley when it should just be a rounded cap.

I could do a red line if my crits don't make sense. I'm not very smart and have problems talking words.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyMobius
    replied
    Hey Jim I was trying to figure out what seems off about the pic to me and I think it's that the arms dont seem to match the rest of the body physique.

Leave a comment:

• shaw
    replied
    Funny picture - also really like the hair, and the choice of skin tone is really good. Gives it an added sick/depressed feel to the poor guy.

The only thing that kind of sticks out to me - it's nicely exaggerated how big he is, but even then his knees/legs seem a little high in that position (perhaps it's just a very low toilet, though). But a really nice cartoon.

Leave a comment:

• sirandal
    replied
    yeahi can't really see how you could do much better here. looks like a hilarious tshirt.

hmmm...actually the gesture of the arm/hand wit. the burger seems a little forced/awkward. it feels like that would be more rolled over in real life...but it might not be as interesting an angle to look at.

Leave a comment:

• Veritas71
    replied
    Sorry, Jim. Subject matter aside, I really like how you did the hair. Very good obese body, maybe a little too much definition on the forearms. The spidey comics are a very nice touch.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback on my art. FFS.

Leave a comment:

• Veritas71
    replied
    I would say that puts a 'Bad Light' on their copywrite. Good chance they will go after them.

Leave a comment:

• Deth
    replied
    they might get sued for that one

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    started a topic Superman

Superman

Sort of a Superman/Elvis mashup for a t-shirt company.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X