Fan Art Pin-up Series: April O'Neil & Donatello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Art Pin-up Series: April O'Neil & Donatello

I'm currently working on a series of FanArt pieces to have with me the first time I get a table in Artist Alley at a local Con. My development as a illustrator has actually been more influenced by cartoons I watched when I was a kid and my teenage years than reading comics. This series is in homage to these cartoons: Thundercats, GI Joe, TMNT, Aeon Flux, Sam Keith's the Maxx, Ralph Bakski's Wizards, Akira.

I call the piece "Donnie Get's the Girl". Any comments are welcome.

Last edited by LoneSolo; 06-25-2014, 03:15 PM.

Alright...it's called Photoshop, open up the curves, grab the highlight eyedropper tool and get rid of that hideous green cast! Well, I just did, and after doing that, this piece really pops! Very nice work!
    Rene ArreolaArt BlogMy Patreon

Comment

I'll take a better pic

Originally posted by Rene A. View Post
      Alright...it's called Photoshop, open up the curves, grab the highlight eyedropper tool and get rid of that hideous green cast! Well, I just did, and after doing that, this piece really pops! Very nice work!
      I don't have Photoshop. I use a Linux OS and have Gimp and not sure if there's a tool like that on there. Quite frankly I haven't yet adapted to the notion of doing digital correction on my hand drawn art. I'm a traditional illustrator through and through and really dont prefer digital art production. Call me old fashioned. With that said, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of getting a Cintiq for doing digital coloring in the future so in that case, that will throw my traditionalism out the window and I would think uploading a pic like this could easily be corrected in a program on said drawing tablet. You're right I'll get a new pic up without the hideous green. Thanks for the compliment.

Comment

I love it! Very stylised/stylish, beautiful work.
        HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Originally posted by LoneSolo View Post
          I don't have Photoshop. I use a Linux OS and have Gimp and not sure if there's a tool like that on there. Quite frankly I haven't yet adapted to the notion of doing digital correction on my hand drawn art. I'm a traditional illustrator through and through and really dont prefer digital art production. Call me old fashioned. With that said, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of getting a Cintiq for doing digital coloring in the future so in that case, that will throw my traditionalism out the window and I would think uploading a pic like this could easily be corrected in a program on said drawing tablet. You're right I'll get a new pic up without the hideous green. Thanks for the compliment.

If you're thinking about buying a Cintiq, i'd do a little research first. There are alternatives more reasonably priced.

I work on a Yiynova MSP19U (it's not HD, but it's the best $600 i've ever spent on art tools)
          Read my webcomic, "1980"

My Deviant Art page

Comment

@Jim Thanks man!

@RonB Thank you for that suggestion as for alternatives to a Cintiq. It's just when I do make the purchase I want it of the highest quality and one I can draw right on the screen with the stylus.

Oh, and there's that better pic. That was just laziness that I posted that last one with the green hue, forgive me for that.

Comment

Looks great! I'd love to see a bigger version though.

Comment

Thanks CrazyDiamond! I'll work on making future posts of pics larger.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X