Finished Mucha tribute for Streetfight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Mucha tribute for Streetfight

Flakey clients gave me a few hours to polish this off. I should probably spend a few more hours on the background (instead of dropping a texture in there), but for now, this one's done.

HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

This one evokes Mucha pretty well.
    http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
    http://ohotmuredux.blogspot.com/

Comment

Agreed! Very Mucha-esque!

Comment

I bet you could print and sell those Jim. £££

From a critical standpoint though, do you think her arms seem a little short? Generally speaking a human's combined arm span outstretched should be equal to their height.

Comment

Yeah, I think you're right, either the arms are short, or the torso is very long, possibly both. I can't deny I did this in a hurry, I'd have liked to post some WIPs otherwise.
          HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

This is pretty sweet, Jim, you are by miles the closest so far (IMO). I think you hit the proper balance between Mucha's own imagery and something new and modern. Great work!
            Cheers,
            Einar

Sketchblog
            DA page

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
              I bet you could print and sell those Jim. £££

From a critical standpoint though, do you think her arms seem a little short? Generally speaking a human's combined arm span outstretched should be equal to their height.
              Aw man...I wish you said that. I didn't even notice the shortness till I read your post....now that's all I see!
              DANN
              Heavyweight Pummel Stats: Wins: 27 / Losses: 11 / Knockouts: 16

www.dannphillips.com

Comment

Originally posted by Einar View Post
                This is pretty sweet, Jim, you are by miles the closest so far (IMO). I think you hit the proper balance between Mucha's own imagery and something new and modern. Great work!
                Thanks man. I tried hard to not just do a 100% Mucha copy, I wanted to get something of myself into it too. I'd taken a couple of references of my gf for a 50s pinup type study I wanted to do, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to kill two birds with one Adam Hughes shaped stone. Sort of a modern update, like what Mucha might have been doing if he'd lived 50 years later or something.
                Last edited by Jim; 06-06-2014, 04:16 PM.
                HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

This is very good work Jim.
                  Jack Kirby Centennial Tribute Book is free to download.

Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X