Charging Minotaur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Minotaur

I'm going to be doing the art for an upcoming CCG and this is the first card I finished. Fantasy creatures are tricky. I should be getting better in the future, there are 28 more Minotaur cards I'll need to work up. I'd love some feedback, too!

Pencils, Inks, Colors - All me.
    - Website | Flying Fortress | Deviant -

"It's not our attempt to do one perfect drawing that enables us to improve. It's by doing many drawings, and learning from our mistakes." - Joe Kubert

Minotaurs are fun to draw. His charging motion is flawed though. His left leg's knee is too low, and his right leg is bent inwards, as opposed to outwards. Outward pushing motion is where all the speed and power come from. Look at Olympic Sprinters to see really good running motion. Also the torso will move to take full advantage of the core muscles to propel the runner forwards. I did a drawover to illustrate what I mean. I hope it helps. (you have 28 more to do right? )

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

need to desaturate the background to add some atmosphere. right now it has very little depth.
      Light Heavy W-38 L-15 KO-18
      deviant art
      tumblr
      PJ blog

Comment

Veritas71 - Wow, thanks for the draw over. It's nice to see what I failed to in the initial layouts. Using Olympic speed skaters is so obvious I'm surprised I'd never considered it before. I'm making a whole new folder in my master reference file for that one. And yes, 28 more minotaurs, and over 260 more cards to go.

sirandal - You're so right. I've already made some adjustments to make the figure pop more, based on your suggestion.

My many thanks to both of you!
        - Website | Flying Fortress | Deviant -

"It's not our attempt to do one perfect drawing that enables us to improve. It's by doing many drawings, and learning from our mistakes." - Joe Kubert

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X