Phantom Tollbooth (children's novel/play) Illustration Commission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom Tollbooth (children's novel/play) Illustration Commission

Hey, everyone. Going to start posting up more work again. Anyways, as the tittle suggests, this one was a commission of basic "Phantom Tollbooth" characters and elements in my own style. Hoping you like.~~~ John Jr.

Last edited by alexcat321; 03-31-2014, 03:19 PM.
    My deviant art!!
    My sketch blog!!
    Pummel stats

I know this may seem inappropriate, but you may want to lengthen the insect person's tailcoat, because I mistook the tail for big ol' balls given the pose and location. It took a moment to sort it out.

Other than that, it's a lovely illustration.
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

the first thing i saw was the bug man's balls. and it kind of looks like the car is going to run off the road and squash the bug man. maybe move the booth over to our left a little and put the toll arm on the same side of the booth as the bug man and then it would look like it is in the correct direction. good looking drawing.
      "when there's no more room in hell...the dead will walk the earth."

my drawings
      my crazy music
      my facebook

Comment

I don't know if I see balls, but the coattail does seem short.

Nice work, overall.
        Last edited by Helob; 04-02-2014, 08:45 AM.
        http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
        http://ohotmuredux.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks guys for your crits and compliments. Hahaha-- I found it very interesting that you guys saw the "balls" instead of the coattail which I agree could be longer. I can understand why you'd see what you saw, as given in one of your descriptions, but I just really found it striking. Anywho, thanks again for everything. I appreciate your input and appreciation.
          My deviant art!!
          My sketch blog!!
          Pummel stats

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X