No announcement yet.

Random work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blog, sounds like a good idea I'll check that out. I really haven't had too many crits on my color
    but Jim I'll take your crit in consideration... I have studied color theory before, if you could be a
    little more specific it would help me out and I use the blend tool a bit but not at all with the blur.
    I appreciate the time and replies Helob and Jim.... Thanks again

OS,.....................................

Comment

Originally posted by oldskool View Post
      Blog, sounds like a good idea I'll check that out. I really haven't had too many crits on my color
      but Jim I'll take your crit in consideration... I have studied color theory before, if you could be a
      little more specific it would help me out and I use the blend tool a bit but not at all with the blur.
      I appreciate the time and replies Helob and Jim.... Thanks again

OS,.....................................
      You seem to ignore the obvious with your understanding of color and what people are trying to tell you.
      www.keithdustin.com

Ron Burgandy is down! and it is Baddd!

The worm has turned and it's packing an uzi!

Comment

Not ignoring the help the people are trying to say(you and Jim) Dx, just need a little more than "your color needs tons of work".

Just a little more specifics/guidence that's all. As a teacher Dx you should know what I'm trying to say.

Thanks, OS,........................................

my site, http://wgkmw.com/
        Last edited by oldskool; 04-03-2014, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Not ignoring the help the people are trying to say(you and Jim) Dx, just need a little more than "your color needs tons of work".

Just a little more specifics/guidence that's all. As a teacher Dx you should know what I'm trying to say.

It's a big subject, and I'm by far not the foremost expert on colour myself so all I can suggest is 'studying more colour theory'. The main issue is that it's all very much flat saturated colours with no thought given to complementary palettes, or indeed any palette at all. It's all 'sky is blue, grass is green etc'.

Regarding blend/blur, I wasn't referring to specific tools, or indeed digital at all, just a suggestion that you work on tone, value and palette, before you start attempting what is essentially the starting point of digital painting.
          HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            It's a big subject, and I'm by far not the foremost expert on colour myself so all I can suggest is 'studying more colour theory'. The main issue is that it's all very much flat saturated colours with no thought given to complementary palettes, or indeed any palette at all. It's all 'sky is blue, grass is green etc'.

Regarding blend/blur, I wasn't referring to specific tools, or indeed digital at all, just a suggestion that you work on tone, value and palette, before you start attempting what is essentially the starting point of digital painting.
            Ok, could you please show me an example.

OS,.......................................

Comment

I do see what there saying, I mean your art is good but there is a vibrance missing to take it to the next level, unfortunately I wouldn't know red from yellow and the multitude of shades in between.

This guys on deviant art, love his colors:
              Brosa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
              Middle Weight * WINS: 08* LOSSES: 14 * KO: 04 * Months Champion 3 lightweight

http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...=1#post1384552

Comment

Yeah, there we go, thanks Paladis. That's a perfect example of a piece with a wide range of colours represented, but the artist has still managed to create a pleasing palette, a range of tones and lighting effects that draw attention to the important pieces of the piece, and gradations of tone without it looking like an airbrush.
                HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

OK, I got it... you're right Paladis he's good, has some great coloring(a lot of detail coloring). I'll see what I can do in the future
                  in picking up the coloring. Thanks Paladis for shutting that door! lol
                  PS. I like the airbrush tool

OS,..................................

Comment

Not looking to start a tiff, but I gave pretty specific advice, which you replied that you had to look up, so I went ahead and found examples to explain, and then you replied that you thought your colors were just fine.

They are not. Part of color theory is understanding saturation, and the effect that the atmosphere has on the color pallet as images/scenes recede in space. Take it or leave it, but if you posts for crits, accept them when people are trying to help verses troll who come on boards to bash people's work.
                    www.keithdustin.com

Ron Burgandy is down! and it is Baddd!

The worm has turned and it's packing an uzi!

Comment

Originally posted by dxdragon View Post
                      Not looking to start a tiff, but I gave pretty specific advice, which you replied that you had to look up, so I went ahead and found examples to explain, and then you replied that you thought your colors were just fine.

They are not. Part of color theory is understanding saturation, and the effect that the atmosphere has on the color pallet as images/scenes recede in space. Take it or leave it, but if you posts for crits, accept them when people are trying to help verses troll who come on boards to bash people's work.
                      Tiff not taken... I understand the help you were giving, Paladis's example was a bit better though. Sometimes us Artists just have a way of doing things, called a style. Good, bad or ugly it's a style(and style is what makes or breaks an Artist) sometimes hard to break especially if we been doing it awhile, it's just the way is. Crits are to help but not carved in stone, I always take the help or try to understand what the critique-er is trying to convey. I'm here to help, learn and share and that's it.

OS,............................................
                      Peace

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X