X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random work

finished with CS6

OS,................................

kind of reminds me of Bill Willingham's older D&D or Elementals type stuff, back when he used to draw

Comment

Thanks for the look/reply... never heard of Bill Willingham till now(looked him up: http://www.billwillingham.com/work/ ) looks like he last worked for Dynamite Entertainment! on Title: Legenderry: A Steampunk Adventure

OS,.............................
      my site: www.wgkmw.com

Comment

He doesn't draw a lot any more (sadly, as Elementals is one of my favourite series ever), but he's kind of incredibly famous for writing Fables. You must have heard of Fables right?
        HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Not real familiar with Fables but I heard of it(looked it up also, so I'll know more about).
          Thanks for the look/reply.

OS,.....................................

Comment

elementals for life, my fav too - got the whole series for $50 on ebay

Comment

Like what you are trying to do, but the colors need work. You also need a better command of Atmospheric perspective when coloring because everything looks flat. Overlapping and high/low placement are the only things suggesting depth.
              www.keithdustin.com

Ron Burgandy is down! and it is Baddd!

The worm has turned and it's packing an uzi!

Comment

Originally posted by xaqbazit View Post
                elementals for life, my fav too - got the whole series for $50 on ebay
                Sweet man, even with Bills success I don't find many Elementals fans (probably because it's out of print). Recently picked up his original pencils for the Morningstar costume design which are aces.

Those first 20 issues or so are great, although there's some questionable stuff a bit later once he left and they started dong Ratman limited series and random Vampire stories.
                HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Originally posted by dxdragon View Post
                  Like what you are trying to do, but the colors need work. You also need a better command of Atmospheric perspective when coloring because everything looks flat. Overlapping and high/low placement are the only things suggesting depth.

Atmospheric perspective: had to look that up... new to me. I think I get what you're saying, but can you be a bit more specific regarding the pics. Thanks for the look/reply.

OS,.............................................

Comment

Your colors stay consistently saturated no matter how far you are trying to convey distance. Foreground, Middle ground, and Background should vary in Saturation and color (for greater distances). So far only silhouettes and overlapping are the only indication. You have no casted shadows and your color pallet is all over the place. Especially with the bear image.

here are a few examples

Last edited by dxdragon; 03-24-2014, 01:48 PM.
                    www.keithdustin.com

Ron Burgandy is down! and it is Baddd!

The worm has turned and it's packing an uzi!

Comment

I see where you're going with the contrast, brightness and shadowing(I may mess with it... mainly, with the bear(greater distance has a lot to do with such affects and type of weather)), I disagree with the color though. I appreciate your time/reply.

OS,....................................

Comment

reworked......

OS,...................

Comment

Not sure if the landlord permits this(more than three pics)... but here's another pic in pencil.

OS,.................................

Comment

Good drawing and likeness, OS.

If you have bunch of stuff to post, maybe start a blog?
                            http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
                            http://ohotmuredux.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah, stick this on a blog, or start new threads with new pieces.

Your line work has some nice points, but your colours need a tonne of work. I'd reduce your palette to start with, study some colour theory, and stay off the blur/blend.
                              HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X