No announcement yet.

She Hulk Critique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to re-iterate the other comments, her arms and legs clash. Her legs look good on their own, but for a muscular upper body it looks awkward.

Comment

Looks excellent! Keep it up!

Comment

Hi Chris,
        I like what you did in terms of the digital painting and I have a few notes that may help you in terms of the figure work itself.

As far as the figure itself, she looks a little puffy. the right arm, even in that position, lacks the power you would associate with a character like She-hulk. I changed her arms so that she's slightly flexing, this emphasizes her strength to the reader. By thinning her torso a bit, it makes her more feminine as well. I raised her breast and added a tilt to her shoulders and hips. These are just suggestions of course to keep in mind.
        Keep up the good work.
        Last edited by Jamal Igle; 03-21-2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Probably just more of an hourglass figure while still maintaining her muscular form as the She Hulk. But apart from that, I have nothing negative to say. Excellent use of tonal!

Speak of the devil, what tips could you recommend to me for color filtering via Photoshop CS6 or Illustrator CS6? I am developing my own comics, an my pencilwork/inking is said to be really good, but I lack in color filtering digitally. Any hints/tips?

CJ

Comment

Good advice, Jamal

Comment

Originally posted by C.J. O'Sullivan View Post
              Probably just more of an hourglass figure while still maintaining her muscular form as the She Hulk. But apart from that, I have nothing negative to say. Excellent use of tonal!

Speak of the devil, what tips could you recommend to me for color filtering via Photoshop CS6 or Illustrator CS6? I am developing my own comics, an my pencilwork/inking is said to be really good, but I lack in color filtering digitally. Any hints/tips?

CJ
              What the hell is "color filtering"?

I'd suggest starting here.
              New and improved for 1996!
              Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

Originally posted by Jamal Igle View Post
                Hi Chris,
                I like what you did in terms of the digital painting and I have a few notes that may help you in terms of the figure work itself.

As far as the figure itself, she looks a little puffy. the right arm, even in that position, lacks the power you would associate with a character like She-hulk. I changed her arms so that she's slightly flexing, this emphasizes her strength to the reader. By thinning her torso a bit, it makes her more feminine as well. I raised her breast and added a tilt to her shoulders and hips. These are just suggestions of course to keep in mind.
                Keep up the good work.
                There are a lot of things that you corrected that were much better anatomically in the original.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X