She Hulk Critique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She Hulk Critique

Hey guys, I'm new here and wanted to post some artwork. Even though this is finished, I would still like a critique on it. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by bish0p2004; 01-18-2015, 10:18 AM.

Looks great. Nothing major to say about it. She looks a bit like Famke Janssen

Is it digital?
    http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
    http://ohotmuredux.blogspot.com/

Comment

I like the face, a lot, but her right hand not look good. It's like that hand was not within the scheme of the rest of the body, however, I like the color and details

Regards
      "Ni el sol puede iluminar mis días como lo haces tú, amada Priska"

My Gallery
      ricardocabrera.deviantart.com/

Comment

I see nothing wrong with her right hand at all. I think it's brilliant. Great job !

Comment

Whoa. I could take some lessons from you.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/CarlShinyama

Windsurfer Twitter: https://twitter.com/WindsurferComic

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/WindsurferComic

Comment

You've paid suitable attention to her upper body physique, but her legs are lacking any hint of definition.

I'd suggest looking at reference of figure competitors like Georgia Simmons or India Paulino for pointers. For a more defined physique, Cyndi Landolt is very on point (very defined); but without extreme vascularity (veins all over) or mass.

Bottom line, proper physically fit persons maintain balance between upper and lower body.

Overall very solid pin-up.
            New and improved for 1996!
            Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

That's what I'm talking about...some very nice and honest critiques...will definitely be posting more here.

Anyways,

Helob: Thanks! While I was working on the piece, I felt that there was a resemblance to Famke Janson. I think it's the combination of thin, arched eyebrows and masculine face..the latter being something that I've been working on as far as female faces are concerned and making them softer. However, being that She-Hulk is quite muscular, I just went with a more masculine jaw. Also, it's digital...photoshop to be exact.

RickParker: Thanks, man! The hand is the only part that I stuck closely to as far as reference goes (used a photo of my own) as I'm still not 100% confident with them especially when adding values. However, in this picture, the hand is my favorite part...but I will definitely take your critique into consideration. Cheers!

Mr. Jeff: Thanks...now I'm torn though because of RickParker's critique lol

Carl_Shinyama: Thanks! I'm hoping to learn from you guys as well...so far I'm really liking this community.

Pencilero: Thanks for the critique and photo refs. I do have quite a few photo refs of women's legs (bodybuilders), but I was really torn between adding more muscles to her legs and not. Ultimately, it was a choice, but obviously a bad one lol. I became too attached to the legs as they were and was just scared to change them. I should have just said screwed it and went for it.

Thanks again for the opinions, guys! See ya around.

Comment

I like the smoothness of the legs personally, but it does kinda clash a bit with her somewhat vascular arms, if you're going back to touch it up, maybe a small bit of definition around the inner leg would help, but I wouldn't do anything too drastic to it personally.

Comment

I may be to used to comic book style anatomy because I think her torso is too bulky and waist too thick as well, even when measured against the photo references above. I think it would work better if you slimmed her down slightly. That being said I think it's still rendered in an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS way. Just beautiful!
                  Available for commissions! PM me. Check out my Deviant art page! http://slyaguilar.deviantart.com/ In a rut? I watch this video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdwEDyBQcCc Instagram @slyaguilar

Comment

maybe the hand seems too mannish (even for she hulk) and that is what was bothering the poster who mentioned it.
                    Light Heavy W-38 L-15 KO-18
                    deviant art
                    tumblr
                    PJ blog

Comment

Originally posted by sirandal View Post
                      maybe the hand seems too mannish (even for she hulk) and that is what was bothering the poster who mentioned it.
                      Is not only that, it seems like she's going to grab something, but the rest of her body seems that she's there, just standing. If you put the hand (arm) like the second pic that Pencilero show in the previous post, i guess the entire composition will be great, but like i said before, i'm very far from doing something like you bish0p2004.. congratulation, a very good pic.
                      "Ni el sol puede iluminar mis días como lo haces tú, amada Priska"

My Gallery
                      ricardocabrera.deviantart.com/

Comment

The clothes are so realistic! Something feels off to me about her right hand and forearm, is the angle right? That is just nit picking, it is a beautiful piece.
                        Art Blog l DeviantArt l twitter
                        PUMMEL stats: 28 wins | 7 losses | 14 KOs

Comment

Originally posted by Sedani View Post
                          Something feels off to me about her right hand and forearm, is the angle right? That is just nit picking, it is a beautiful piece.
                          I wonder if it isn't the tangent formed by the palm of her hand and the line of her hips, they fit together almost perfectly and flatten the area out.

I hope you don't mind bish0p, I did a slight alteration in Photoshop, just moved her hand in a bit. I think maybe it fixes the issue and creates more depth, but I guess that's up for debate. Really nice paints btw!

HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

The whole thing looks utterly fantastic

Comment

I'm most impressed with the rendering
                              of her costume. nice.
                              as for the leg(s), I would say a little hint
                              of human anatomy would help. due to the fact
                              her skin tone is green, when I isolate the leg, it
                              could pass as a vine, cucumber or even a grape.
                              it's just too smooth.
                              cool piece. keep posting.
                              BTW, I like the way you responded to the
                              critiques. good attitude.
                              www.facebook.com/MikeJamesArt
                              Odds 'n' Sods Art Blog
                              Etsy Store

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X