Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROM and the Man-Thing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ROM and the Man-Thing

    Here's a new one just finished...

    C & C welcome.

    DANN
    Heavyweight Pummel Stats: Wins: 27 / Losses: 11 / Knockouts: 16

    www.dannphillips.com

  • #2
    The inherent dopeyness of Man-Thing is offset by the awesome-sauce of ROM.

    Well done.
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

    Comment


    • #3
      Great stuff. If this were a comic, it wouldn't sell a single copy!
      HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jim View Post
        Great stuff. If this were a comic, it wouldn't sell a single copy!
        Not true at all. I'd buy one.
        My DeviantART

        Comment


        • #5
          Heck, I'd buy three of four just to see two of my fave MARVEL characters have a throw down with each other!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by VagabondX View Post
            Not true at all. I'd buy one.
            I think Jim has some kind of hidden message in there.
            Light Heavy W-38 L-15 KO-18
            deviant art
            tumblr
            PJ blog

            Comment


            • #7
              Both Characters had fairly low sales at the time, not low enough to be cut tho.
              Love this Dann, Classic! Always enjoy a Dann Rom special
              Pummel- LHW -W 9-L 4-KO 7

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah, I just meant that separately they can't hold down their own title, so together they'd be sales kryptonite. Personally love them both; throw Howard in there and you've got a solid gold win.
                HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jim View Post
                  Yeah, I just meant that separately they can't hold down their own title, so together they'd be sales kryptonite. Personally love them both; throw Howard in there and you've got a solid gold win.
                  Y'know, Jim, I was gonna recommend Howard the Duck, but I figured it might be overkill!! Great minds, friend...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jeffchris50 View Post
                    Y'know, Jim, I was gonna recommend Howard the Duck, but I figured it might be overkill!! Great minds, friend...
                    ''

                    I was actually going to throw Howard in on this. Wish I would have.
                    I've always loved these characters, guys like Rom and Man-Thing and Howard the Duck have a special place in my comic book nerd heart.
                    DANN
                    Heavyweight Pummel Stats: Wins: 27 / Losses: 11 / Knockouts: 16

                    www.dannphillips.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just think, if you had put in HtD, you could have had Beverly Switzler (I think that was her name) standing off to the side with Starshine!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Excellent work. Only complaint, ROM's right foot looks a little gimpy. I think it would look better if we were viewing it more as a 2/3s side view than from the back, as it is it looks as the lower leg is rotated towards the viewer.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by McNiel View Post
                          Excellent work. Only complaint, ROM's right foot looks a little gimpy. I think it would look better if we were viewing it more as a 2/3s side view than from the back, as it is it looks as the lower leg is rotated towards the viewer.
                          Ughhh...didn't notice that till you mentioned it.
                          DANN
                          Heavyweight Pummel Stats: Wins: 27 / Losses: 11 / Knockouts: 16

                          www.dannphillips.com

                          Comment

                          Unconfigured Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X