Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

River City Ransom, Punch Out, and Katamari Damacy sketch cards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River City Ransom, Punch Out, and Katamari Damacy sketch cards.

Some commission work. I've got five more characters to complete this batch.

Copic marker, watercolor, and Prismacolor pencils.
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

Cool stuff. I still can't believe it's possible to get such cool commission subjects!

One thing though. Did you realise you missed a finger on each hand for the RCR figure? Japanese don't typically omit the pinky like Western cartoons do.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
      Cool stuff. I still can't believe it's possible to get such cool commission subjects!

One thing though. Did you realise you missed a finger on each hand for the RCR figure? Japanese don't typically omit the pinky like Western cartoons do.
      I lucked out. The customer is a guy who I did a free sketch for related to a kickstarter project. He asked for Peacock from Skullgirls, ended up liking that a lot - so he asked me to do some more video game characters.

I wasn't aware of the three / four finger thing. I hope he'll be okay with my rendition since the reference images he sent were from the NES original and art with three fingers also.

Comment

Originally posted by Pencilero View Post
        I lucked out. The customer is a guy who I did a free sketch for related to a kickstarter project. He asked for Peacock from Skullgirls, ended up liking that a lot - so he asked me to do some more video game characters.

I wasn't aware of the three / four finger thing. I hope he'll be okay with my rendition since the reference images he sent were from the NES original and art with three fingers also.
        Ah. My bad. Just a pet peeve of mine. As you were...

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
          I still can't believe it's possible to get such cool commission subjects!
          Agreed 100%. Good stuff Pencilero.
          HW / 37-6 / 18 KOs

PUMMEL Record

My Sketchbook

Deviant Art

Comment

I love these! I first saw 'em on Instagram, I think... I must inadvertently follow you there.

My favorite is the River City Ransom guy... there's something delicate in the hands that I like, especially when contrasted with the angry jaws.
            Strangebeard: pirate comics for the adventurous readerThe Adventurers: true-life comedy about a man and his baby

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'm having fun doing these.

River City Ransom character felt very Evan Dorkin to me when I finished it. Like Milk & Cheese or some such.

Second batch will be up shortly.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X