X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Rider for Street Fight

Sketch:

Final:

He needs some spurs, stirrups, and the reins don't go to the bit in the horse's mouth. Although, I really like the old pulpy comic panel feel.
    OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Digging your inking style in this one a lot!
      My DeviantART

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas71 View Post
        He needs some spurs, stirrups, and the reins don't go to the bit in the horse's mouth. Although, I really like the old pulpy comic panel feel.
        Yeah he had Spurs in the sketch. I toyed with stirrups but as his legs were in a motorcylcle pose they looked wierd so I left them out.

Comment

Originally posted by VagabondX View Post
          Digging your inking style in this one a lot!
          Thanks man. That's all pencils BTW. Just adjusted levels in PS.

Comment

crazy, loving this piece you played to your strengths and loved the layout and deviation from the usual ghost rider compsitions. and agreed with veritas, the old pulpy comic book feel rules. would have loved to see some more innovations on the horse though
            if you want something, go get it. its just that simple

my deviantart

my tumblr

Pummel W=3 L=1| K.O=3
            Pummel brawl: W=1| K.O=1

Comment

Originally posted by Devmalya Pramanik View Post
              crazy, loving this piece you played to your strengths and loved the layout and deviation from the usual ghost rider compsitions. and agreed with veritas, the old pulpy comic book feel rules. would have loved to see some more innovations on the horse though
              Thanks. I actually had a bit of trouble with the horse's outfit. I know that the saddle and harness have a certain type of engineering that I don't think I fully captured. Also looking at the picture after it is finished I think the horse is a bit small in relation to the rider.
              I am quite happy with the horses chest neck and face shadows though.

Comment

as you should be, it looks good
                if you want something, go get it. its just that simple

my deviantart

my tumblr

Pummel W=3 L=1| K.O=3
                Pummel brawl: W=1| K.O=1

Comment

GOT IT!

This reminds me of Danijel Zezelj on El Diablo.

Ghost Rider appears to be sitting a little to high on his horse. WAHAHEY! Sorry, couldn't resist the pun, but he is seated a bit too forward.

I like it. Now I want to see you push your backgrounds.
                  New and improved for 1996!
                  Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

Originally posted by Pencilero View Post

I like it. Now I want to see you push your backgrounds.
                    On that note it's not so much I can't draw backgrounds well it's that I don't know what I should be drawing as a background. I don't even know what reference to search for.

Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
                      On that note it's not so much I can't draw backgrounds well it's that I don't know what I should be drawing as a background. I don't even know what reference to search for.

Any tips?
                      Keep it simple.

Give some thought to the period, era, or location of what you're drawing in your mind. Then hit up Google image search.

Here's a quick glimpse into my hare brained thought process.

Looking at your pic, I notice there's greenery, but there's an old west vibe. This leads me to thinking of Lorne Greene singing about Ponderosa pines in the Bonanaza theme. Where are Ponderosa pines indigenous to? Montana.

Do image search for Montana scenery.

That's just free form. If I were approaching a more specific take on a character, like Superman, Batman, or Spiderman - then I'd look into what city they reside in or where the movies were filmed.

I hope that helps.

Comment

With the background, it doesn't distract but may be too simple. It works composition wise but added elements like a moon and clouds would definitely add more movement and visual interest. You could also use the flames to add more of the hint of motion and movement to give a bit more energy.

Without elements like that, this is still good. But those would be details that would help keep your viewer involved.
                        See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
                        DeviantArt

Comment

The main image doesnt quite match the background in terms of relationship and perspective.
                          Maybe some reference pics of cowboy movies with horses in them?
                          The mountains look OK but the way the grass meets the horse/rider is not believable enough.

Comment

Being somewhat familiar with CrazyDiamond's work, I'm guessing he let his Capcom influence show through quite a bit on this.

In particular, channeling the stage designs of some of the Darkstalkers games, which make use of interesting, if incongruous, perspective:

Example A
                            Example B
                            Example C

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by dfbovey View Post
                              With the background, it doesn't distract but may be too simple. It works composition wise but added elements like a moon and clouds would definitely add more movement and visual interest. You could also use the flames to add more of the hint of motion and movement to give a bit more energy.

Without elements like that, this is still good. But those would be details that would help keep your viewer involved.
                              Yes I was thinking afterwards a moon and clouds might be a good touch.

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
                              The main image doesnt quite match the background in terms of relationship and perspective.
                              Maybe some reference pics of cowboy movies with horses in them?
                              The mountains look OK but the way the grass meets the horse/rider is not believable enough.
                              Thanks. Yeah maybe old Spaghetti Westerns.

Originally posted by Pencilero View Post
                              Being somewhat familiar with CrazyDiamond's work, I'm guessing he let his Capcom influence show through quite a bit on this.

In particular, channeling the stage designs of some of the Darkstalkers games, which make use of interesting, if incongruous, perspective:

Example A
                              Example B
                              Example C

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here Crazy.
                              Ha ha. My thinking was not nearly as sophisticated as that. I think since I have now improved somewhat on my line variation and spot shadow technique I think I will do an extensive training session in backgrounds.

Watch this space!

Thanks guys.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X