Girl with shrunken guy on her finger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl with shrunken guy on her finger

This is an illustration for an interactive story I wrote at Writing.com called "The Six Millimeter Man" about a college student named Deuce Orion who gets shrunk down to six millimeters tall in a cold fusion experiment gone awry.

The girl who captured him after he was shrunk is named Amber, in this pic she is holding him on her left index finger.

This is the very first illustration that I ever drew completely in Manga Studio EX4 then colored with Photoshop CS5. Now that I look at it with a critical eye, I can see errors here and there.
    The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy.

---Malcolm Forbes

My website

Never .jpeg a .jpeg

I just recently learned how to color with Photoshop, so I would appreciate any constructive advice, both positive and negative criticism are welcome.
    The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy.

---Malcolm Forbes

My website

Never .jpeg a .jpeg

Comment

Right now everything is flat shaded. Meaning that every area that has a discrete color is filled with one value of that color. There's no gradiation of value (light to dark). If you're going for a real cartoony look--that might be what you want. If you want any degree of realism, you're going to have to define where the light is coming from and render out shadows, highlights, etc.
      sketchbook thread

Comment

Originally posted by battlewraith View Post
        Right now everything is flat shaded. Meaning that every area that has a discrete color is filled with one value of that color. There's no gradiation of value (light to dark). If you're going for a real cartoony look--that might be what you want. If you want any degree of realism, you're going to have to define where the light is coming from and render out shadows, highlights, etc.
        Thank you for your advice, bro. I'll keep that in mind when I color my next drawing.

---Malcolm Forbes

My website

Never .jpeg a .jpeg

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X