Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TEAM OF EVIL!! (with 4 stage colouring process)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEAM OF EVIL!! (with 4 stage colouring process)

Yo. So, this is for the League of Douchebag draw off thingy...

PENCILS

PAINTED

COLOUR PENCILS

FINAL PIECE WITH PHOTOSHOP TWEAKS

Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Amazing! Great to see the process.
    HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

What sort of colored pencils and paint are you using? I know very little about mixed media but that is a very intriguing process. Cool piece too!
      I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
      my sketchbook

Comment

Originally posted by MLaw View Post
        What sort of colored pencils and paint are you using?
        Acrylic paints (any lightfast stuff will be ok) - and Caran D'ache Swisscolour pencils (because they have quite hard leads and are not made for blending with water).

Comment

That's some Fine work Dean,love seeing process.One tiny detail sort sticks out,shouldn't the mars attack martian right foot show?
          it only stands out to me because it's green.
          devianart
          http://brokenhill.deviantart.com/

.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Broken...2971015?v=info

'

Comment

As always Beastie you impress to no end. You really deserve mainstream exposure. Your style even though I've seen it here for 5 years its still fresh and just fun. Its always nice checking your work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Beastie View Post
              Acrylic paints (any lightfast stuff will be ok) - and Caran D'ache Swisscolour pencils (because they have quite hard leads and are not made for blending with water).
              Thanks for the info Dean, I would love to see a vid of you working on a piece but I might have to experiment with what I have until then. I have 2 sets of Staedtler Aquarells.. but I think they might be for blending with water.. I'm a little confused as to how that factors in but the whole process is fascinating.
              I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
              my sketchbook

Comment

@ Beastie - Didnt know you used paints AND color pencils. Very cool.

Comment

oh man... i love this! great job!

-Bob
                  Le Bistro - a sketchblog
                  www.archibob.com

Comment

Originally posted by brokenhill View Post
                    That's some Fine work Dean,love seeing process.One tiny detail sort sticks out,shouldn't the mars attack martian right foot show?
                    I was picturing it as extending backwards (as though he's stepping forwards with the visible leg). So, I'm gonna say that it'd be hidden behind Anton and the Grady Twins. His other arm would be behind Anton as well (I'm thinking his hand would be placed in the middle of Anton's back - as if to push him).

Comment

This is completely inaccurate. Lecter has a blue suit only in the cell. He has an orange jumpsuit when they move him and give him the mask. I want my money back.

Pummel: Wins: 35|Losses: 9|Knockouts: 26|Months Champion:7

https://www.instagram.com/teratophile.art/

Comment

Originally posted by MLaw View Post
                        I have 2 sets of Staedtler Aquarells.. but I think they might be for blending with water.. I'm a little confused as to how that factors in but the whole process is fascinating.
                        The reason I don't use 'water blendable' pencils is because the leads tend to be very soft. I press quite hard with the pencils I use (to get as sharp an outline as I can) - and the Caran D'ache have stronger/harder leads. I actually press so hard with the pencils that the reverse side of the page can look like its covered in embossed veins.

Comment

Originally posted by Teratophile View Post
                          This is completely inaccurate. Lecter has a blue suit only in the cell. He has an orange jumpsuit when the move him and give him the mask. I want my money back.

I believe he wore a face mask and blue boiler suit in Red Dragon (albeit with a straight jacket over the top).

So....I reckon I win.

Comment

I knew you were going to bring up red dragon. I KNEW IT.
                            Pummel: Wins: 35|Losses: 9|Knockouts: 26|Months Champion:7

https://www.instagram.com/teratophile.art/

Comment

Awesome.
                              Fresh Droppings | Sketch Blog

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X