Art Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art Dump

It's been a while since I've been on here so here's some new stuff!

Comment

Comment

It's not bad. I applaud you for doing what comes to mind, instead of what you know or are good at. I'm often guilty of a lack of confidence in my lines and stick to more rigid poses that I know I can make look perfect. That said, pushing your limits (while ultimately the only way to improve) is a double edged sword. A lot of skewing is going on here in these pieces. Also work on your usage of photoshop effects. Some aren't really needed. The border on your final piece and the font really detract from I feel is the best, and most action packed piece here. I actually really dig the "there will be blood..." piece but it doesn't need the font or border. The most consistent issue I saw was the face. Some were good others not so much. The inconsistency shows me you may be unsure on how to proceed with the head. Study profiles and angles on portraits. The head is actually longer than it is wide. From the side you must account for the thickness AND length of the skull. I also noticed most of the issues came up when a character had long hair. You can get around that by drawing the full head first and then the hair on top. Like a wig if you will. Here's a couple pics for you to illustrate.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps98bffb7b.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps6d23f40f.jpg

http://s239.photobucket.com/user/sad...?state=replace

It's really that simple. Just use the same proportions you use on a bald or masked character, the add the hair, and costume after that on top. The same can be said for hooded characters too.

Hope that helps!

sadman2000
        Sorry, no time to talk. I'm busy drawing my books and stories! ;P

dA:

sadman2000.deviantart.com

My Blog:

http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...?t=71674<br />

Comment

Good stuff. You're in advance of me, so I can't confidently crit, keep it up. I REALLY like the black, white and red Punisher (or whoever the skull-faced guy is). Maybe because it's more monochrome, it appeals to my graphic sensibilities. Same for the "Vengeance" and "Wilson" pieces: your simpler compositions are more striking, although all your pieces show a strong compositional sense.

Comment

Yeah, the OP draws better than me, too. The only wonkiness I can see is in the Future Shock posters, the heads seem compressed in the X direction and stretched in the Y direction. Is that the result of rescaling, or is it present in the original as well?
            Check out Hootie Comics, a funny-animal strip cartoon updated every Thursday and Sunday

Comment

Comment

Comment

It's not a bird!
                  It's not a bee!
                  It's...
                  THE BROWN HOOOOOORRRRNNNNEEETTTT!!!!

Comment

Wildfire issue 1 on sale soon... PRESS!

Comment

Maybe drop these in a/your blog? I think they'll get moved by an admin if you keep dropping them here.
                      HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

and exactly why would i get kicked by the admin?

Comment

'Less is more - Try not to post more than three (3) pieces of artwork in a given topic'

Makes no odds to me, I honestly don't care one way or another.
                          HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X