Pinup - Lucia and Trajan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinup - Lucia and Trajan

A quick pinup I made for the Zeros 2 Heroes book I inked, Rip Current.

Bigger size here.

Comments and crits welcome.
    dA -=- wrote -=- ink'd -=- Flickr

P.U.M.M.E.L. Stats 19-12 (11 Knock-outs)
    Former Champ, hungry for love.

Interesting "trapped beneath ice/crystal" affect you got going on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wo-Nellie View Post
      Interesting "trapped beneath ice/crystal" affect you got going on there.
      Indeed! Is he trapped or sneaking a peek? lol

~David

Comment

Sneaking a peek would be difficult considering her pants uniform

It's a fairly good representation of the two characters: stuck on each side of the divide in their world. Good ol' "We love each other but can't be together, we're too different" thing. Classic.

Comment

"It's a fairly good representation of the two characters: stuck on each side of the divide in their world. Good ol' "We love each other but can't be together, we're too different" thing. Classic."

It just seemed to me that she wasn't really paying him any attention, almost indifferent to him. He definitely looks captivated by her as well as his environment, but it doesn't really say to me that it's a mutual feeling. She seem's to be a bit flirtatious with the viewer to me, because of her gaze and the way she's leaning. Mabey it's more because we're in her world and not his. I think prehaps if she had been looking at him, mabey even placing her hand over his it would show more of a connection albeit through an unwanted divider. I just don't get the feeling that their in love and held apart, looks more like a one sided infatuation. Being that I'm not familiar with these characters, is it that the feelings are more "understood" than expressed? Though I still can't help but feel a little sorry for him, for he seem's to be the one that's ignored and left wanting.

~David

Comment

Yep. You got it pretty spot-on.

Once I finished Lucia I couldn't really manoeuver him to touch her hand, which is indeed something I thought of.

Anyway, long story short, she's attracted to a human and to him, and well, he's not human and he comes from an underwater city, so.... yeah. Complicated.

Funny thing is, for the entire first book she sees him for 4 panels... he shows in another 6 panels on the last page and that's it. Pity. He was a cool character to ink and we've got no word on whether the series will continue yet.

You can view the comic at www.rip-current.net.

Comment

Just finished reading Rip Current, very nice work. I liked the whole premise of the story, very entertaining. Thanks for the link:

Side note- also read Deutschmaschine, and I love it, I'm hooked.

~David

Comment

Wow, that means a lot to me David, thank!

Fan the comic and rate it if you wish, that'll help me to further the property

Comment

Consider it done!

~David

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X