X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robyn hood

Pencils by Jimbo Salgado
    Inks by Ambra Meneghin

After *much* delay as I did a couple of Zenescope covers and a few other commissions here and there, this one is finally done! I used some foliage brushes from deviantart that I found a while back for all the plants etc but cannot for the life of me remember who made them or find them again... sorry about that.

cheers
    Sean
    I colour stuff...

Pretty solid, except for the leaves on the trees at the top of the page.

The light to dark color spattering makes it look like a mass of moss. Consider the shape and direction of the branches, and how the bunch of leaves would look. Color them to provide depth and volume, with your lighter tones being near the outside and top, and darker tones being on the under side.

I'm wondering if you could simply get away with coloring them darker. Making them black would make it seem like the archers aiming at her are hiding in bushes as she moves toward them, rather than those being the leaves from the large tree behind her.

Everything else is great.
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

You have no idea how much trouble those leaves gave me.

This is the best I could come up with after at least a half dozen attempts...
      I colour stuff...

Comment

When in doubt, reference it out.

I found some custom brushes, but the license prohibits commercial use. :\ Her gallery is also full of fantastic lanscapes for reference.

This one is free for all uses, but there's no preview.
        New and improved for 1996!
        Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

IMO if you use the brushes mentioned above, your piece would look a bit weird. Those brushes are too realistic for this pic. I think you did a fine job the way it is.

DeviantArt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X