Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yo!

critsa commenst?

Really good dynamic pose, with just a tweek or two could be hip hop turtle.
    http://lancgodwin.deviantart.com/
    “I don't mind you thinking I'm stupid, but don't talk to me like I'm stupid” Harlan Ellison

Comment

My only complaint is the brim of the hat not being aligned correctly with the hole in the front (back???) of the hat.

It looks like the brim should be moved over to the left a tad and maybe shortened a bit.

The back foot looks like you maybe gave up on it, since the shoe isn't nearly as finished as the one on the front foot.

Last but not least, the chain on the gun doesn't make a lot of sense. if he were to pull it out, with the chain being so short, he wouldn't be able to aim properl. maybe just give him a chain wallet instead. Plus the over all design might look better with a shoulder strap.

Your line weights don't make a lot of sense here. Thin up the lines in the background some and thicken the ones closer to the reader.

Also I have to wonder, where is his neck?

Other than those small issues this is a really great start.

Comment

can u give some line weight tips please? thanx for taking the time.

Comment

This reminds me of an old alien ninja character, but I can't remember his name. It's really bugging me. I'm getting old. :/

Line weight: anytime you have an overlap, the item in the foreground should have a thicker or darker (depending on the medium) line defining it, so that the viewer has a clear understanding of that item's position. In this piece the most notable need for line weight adjustment is the forward arm (the character's left). It should have a thicker line defining it to separate it from the leg it's overlapping. Does that make sense?
          Last edited by hadesillustrations; 09-10-2008, 02:39 PM. Reason: I spell funny
          Cheers, Alex

Comment

Originally posted by hadesillustrations View Post
            This reminds me of an old alien ninja character, but I can't remember his name. It's really bugging me. I'm getting old. :/
            you talking about Zen - Intergalactic Ninja. he was a blue alien character.

Comment

YES! Thank you! That would've bugged me for days.
              Cheers, Alex

Comment

I really like your style, great piece.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X