Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.A.D.A.S.S. promo inks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • B.A.D.A.S.S. promo inks

    I did all of the inks in Manga Studio and each character individually so it can be laid out in a few different ways. I still have a few elements to add but I thought I'd get a few critiques.
    Let me have it.


    the high res is here, just click the download button
    http://badcog.deviantart.com/art/B-A...promo-97453538
    "Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead." -Anon.

    http://badcog.deviantart.com/
    My site http://adriannelson.com/

  • #2
    I'm not sure about the gun so close to the beefy guy's head. If I look for a while at the angle of the gun I can see it's not being pointed at the back of his head, but at first glance it looks like he's the target. Maybe lower the figure on our right to make the gun overlap the guy on the left's shoulder, or maybe move them closer so the barrel of the gun overlaps the other guy's head a bit, just to give it that depth.

    Otherwise you definitely established a nice rhythm with all angles leading to the girl at the bottom. Cool stuff!

    Comment


    • #3
      slick work as usual. As for the aforementioned crit above I wonder if changing the line thickness of the big guy's gun would help.

      Comment


      • #4
        strong linework. i dig it. I find Manga Studio disorienting... might have to spend more time in it! Not that I can accomplish what you can, but it shows what can be done... if one were to have talent.

        Comment


        • #5
          How did you do the colors? I'm using debut and it's kind of tough.
          My Critique Policy: "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." -Proverbs 27:17

          Remember, My words hold less weight than my chair

          Comment


          • #6
            As for critiques I got nothing.
            Just wanted to say it was wicked cool.

            Comment


            • #7
              The female elf , has a few anatomy issues going on. Her head looks compressed, and her torso should be a bit longer going to the crotch.
              The two guys on top look badass, i like the inking job.
              My Deviant Page

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by M.ellis View Post
                I'm not sure about the gun so close to the beefy guy's head. If I look for a while at the angle of the gun I can see it's not being pointed at the back of his head, but at first glance it looks like he's the target. Maybe lower the figure on our right to make the gun overlap the guy on the left's shoulder, or maybe move them closer so the barrel of the gun overlaps the other guy's head a bit, just to give it that depth.

                Otherwise you definitely established a nice rhythm with all angles leading to the girl at the bottom. Cool stuff!
                Thanks for the replies! yeah, this was a quick slap together after getting most of the elements inked. I'll make adjustments in the next few days. Good eye.

                Originally posted by Art of Drowning View Post
                slick work as usual. As for the aforementioned crit above I wonder if changing the line thickness of the big guy's gun would help.
                That will possibly work, I kinda overdid it now that I'm looking at it with fresher eyes.

                Originally posted by Relaxed Brain View Post
                strong linework. i dig it. I find Manga Studio disorienting... might have to spend more time in it! Not that I can accomplish what you can, but it shows what can be done... if one were to have talent.
                thanks, but I've had it for almost a year and this is the first time I got the import/export settings right to even play around in it.

                Originally posted by TNTales View Post
                How did you do the colors? I'm using debut and it's kind of tough.
                the logo was done in Illustrator and colored in PS, where all of the composite work was done.

                Originally posted by Wo-Nellie View Post
                As for critiques I got nothing.
                Just wanted to say it was wicked cool.
                Thanks.

                Originally posted by Archerion View Post
                The female elf , has a few anatomy issues going on. Her head looks compressed, and her torso should be a bit longer going to the crotch.
                The two guys on top look badass, i like the inking job.
                part of that happened when putting it together, I think. here's the girl by herself, un transformed.
                "Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead." -Anon.

                http://badcog.deviantart.com/
                My site http://adriannelson.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  I always enjoy your stuff, man.
                  Glad to see you posting more.
                  Romans 10:9

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't know what Manga Studio is, but it looks great.
                    Like it's right off an Invincible page!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by A.D.R.I.A.N. View Post

                      part of that happened when putting it together, I think. here's the girl by herself, un transformed.
                      looks much better here...might want to re-composite her in, because she definitely looks smushed in the first one.
                      My Web Comic:

                      Vlad the Vegan Vampire

                      Comment

                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X