Another Angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Angel

Here's another character for my book I'm working on, another angel. This is Raphael and he's known as a healer and doctor. In Jewish lore he supposedly handed down a book of medical treatments.

I finally bought Manga Studio Debut. I inked in MS, colored in GIMP. This is my first try at the globulous energy. I was thinking like Spawn in the 90s.

Let me know what you think...

My Critique Policy: "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." -Proverbs 27:17

Remember, My words hold less weight than my chair

Nice globules???
    That doesn't quite sound right.
    I've heard Debut is very difficult for many novice artists to use. Are you shopping around TNT?

Comment

Yeah. It's actually a little easier for me since it has line weight varieties (compared with GIMP). It's also cheaper than Photoshop.

I'm waiting to get enough money together to buy a Wacom Tablet.

Right now I do everything with a mouse. It's kinda tricky. I like Debut but it's hard to do color work in it so it's not a solve everything tool (the 300$ EX version has more color and tool options).

So I still color in gimp for now. Tablet comes with PS Essentials, so we'll see what happens then.
      My Critique Policy: "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." -Proverbs 27:17

Comment

If you're a student and your not profiting from what you are creating, then I think its alright to illegally download photoshop. That way you won't have to learn a new program in the future. Of course once you profit from your work, then its only right to go buy it.
        Anyone else feel that way?

Comment

Photoshop is a must , If you are a student, mind you most states. You can buy the creatve adobe suites for half price from your schools bookstore. as long as you take only one class you should be eligible.
          http://lancgodwin.deviantart.com/
          “I don't mind you thinking I'm stupid, but don't talk to me like I'm stupid” Harlan Ellison

Comment

Yeah, I'm hoping to go back to school this spring. We'll see what happens then.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X